Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2010 7:04:29 AM EDT
So I'm working on a 16" middy. So far I have everything except my upper. Lower is a Spikes with SSA trigger, CTR, MIAD, BAD, ASAP, etc.. For the upper I have a PWS FSC556, 9" Troy Extreme Rail, ARMS #41 & #40SP. I will be using a Leupold Mark AR 1.5 - 5 and a Harris Bipod.

I wanted to build this after seeing some of the Recce style / DMR pics here. I want it to be a range / hog hunting rifle. I want it to have a M16 carrier.

So I torn between two uppers:

Spikes Chrome Lined 1:7 Middy (comes with M16 BCG) for about $530 shipped or

DSA Nitride 1:9 Fluted Middy & BCM BCG for about $500

I have a SHTF rifle so I want this one to be more accurate than my M4gery.

I have been reading that the Spikes uppers are seeming to be "not very accurate", but it would be nice to have a complete Spikes rifle and their quality is A+.

I have read the nitride uppers seem to be "more accurate", but I'm wondering about the color match and overall quality of DSA.

What should I do?

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:06:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Reese?

You mean Recce?

Get some sort of stainless barreled upper.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Go Spikes! You will get better use out of the 1:7. Also its at a great price for great product.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:27:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Reese?

You mean Recce?

Get some sort of stainless barreled upper.

Yep, Recce. Guess I had peanut butter cups on the brain.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top