AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2010 9:24:43 AM EDT
Standard 16"  6.8 SPC HBAR barrel, not chrome lined

YHM Free Float Rails

Bill Springfield 4lb Trigger Job

LaRue SPR Scope Mount

Leupold Mark 2 3x9 Scope

Handloaded Ammunition shooting Nosler 110 Grain Accubond, Hornady Brass, Rem 7 1/2 primer, H322 Powder

The smallest groups I can get is 1 3/4 at 100 yards shooting from a rest.   Just wondering if I should be doing better than this or not.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you already done a lot of tweaking of your handloads to find the load that your rifle likes best?  If not, I guarantee you will find a load that gets better accuracy.  The odds of finding your rifle's favorite load on your first try are pretty slim.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Try a few different powders and bullets.  I wouldn't expect bigger groups than right around 1-1.5 MOA from a load tuned to a rifle.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#3]
All of the above- try different loads, powder, bullets etc.

Also, what brand is the barrel?
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Standard 16"  6.8 SPC HBAR barrel, not chrome lined

YHM Free Float Rails

Bill Springfield 4lb Trigger Job

LaRue SPR Scope Mount

Leupold Mark 2 3x9 Scope

Handloaded Ammunition shooting Nosler 110 Grain Accubond, Hornady Brass, Rem 7 1/2 primer, H322 Powder

The smallest groups I can get is 1 3/4 at 100 yards shooting from a rest.   Just wondering if I should be doing better than this or not.

thats the best you can expect
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top