Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 4:50:02 PM EDT
hey yall

i bought a s&w 15-22 in september, and loved and had to buy a "real" ar15. last week i picked up my DPMS carbine with 11.5 barrel and 5 inch flash suppressor. it has a A2 upper reciever and A2 front sights, and a standard round handguard/float tube.

i would like to switch out the A2 upper to a Flattop Upper, the A2 front sight to a gas block either smooth or with rails, and the standard handguard to a 4 rail

my question is what tools will i need to do this and how do i swap out the upper reciever and gas block???

thanks

matt
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The DIY forum is a good place to start. Read the stickies on how to build an AR.

Also another good resource is Brownell's videos. You can buy all the tools you would ever need there too.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top