Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 1:43:55 PM EDT
Hello I have a LMT and soon a S&W MP15. Looking to buy the KNS walk out pins was wondering if both rifles take the .154 size pins.

Thank's
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:52:09 PM EDT
[#1]
yes...i found them useless though other than the tacticool effect. i have since removed them from my m&p.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:02:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
yes...i found them useless though other than the tacticool effect. i have since removed them from my m&p.

huh? i was gonna get a set for my m&p, please elaborate
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:19:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If they are installed, they are doing their job. That's hardly "useless"...

I have high round count RRA lower that had walking pins. When you need them, you need them. Why not install them now?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

huh? i was gonna get a set for my m&p, please elaborate

unless you have a problem with the pins walking, they serve no purpose. but like someone else said if they are installed then your pins won't walk. it's like fixing a problem that may not even exist though.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#5]
It's only $30, and in general, unless you are dealing with out of spec pins or lowers, they aren't necessary.

I get by fine with the pins Geiselle supplied with their trigger.  When the hammer pin walks, you can get uncontrolled full auto fire though, this happened to a fellow student at a class running stock pins with a billet receiver from a relatively new manufacturer.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:54:43 PM EDT
[#6]
They are needed for most drop in aftermarket triggers.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:01:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They are needed for most drop in aftermarket triggers.

wrong!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top