Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2009 3:47:10 PM EDT
I would like to use 'foliage green' instead of OD green for a project.
I ran across the HOGUE site pix and think their 'ghillie green' is very close to 'foliage green', but I want confirmation or opinions ( or both! ).

Anybody know if I'm on the right track here?

HOGUE's  'Ghillie Green':

MAGPUL's 'Foliage Green':

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#1]
The Ghillie  green looks like it would work better in the woods or and green brush. More character to it.

The foliage green is just a light OD of sorts.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know too much about the color, but I do know that I have a Hogue black grip on my gun and it feels GREAT!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:08:00 PM EDT
[#3]
It's hard to compare the internet pix for color, but the HOGUE looks like it has the right amount of 'grey' to the green vs. the OD.
I like the foliage green that I've seen, and really like that pic of the HOGUE.

One idea was to use the Magpul MOE / foliage green carbine handguard with the HOGUE pistol grip, (as I prefer that grip), on the AR15 pistol.
If the colors are close enough, that'd be good.

The other idea was to use the HOGUE rifle handguard with a black grip on a rifle build with a stainless barrel.  
Aesthetics are  important...

If I buy the combo from HOGUE, all I'd need from Magpul is the carbine handguard...
Such a dilemma!

I'm stuck with OD green on my ARFCOM/ArmaLite SEBR AR10, so I'm looking for something different on the other guns.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#4]
If I remember correctly Hogue's Ghillie line mix if a few other colors for a camouflage effect so if you just want one color go with the foliage green
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:46:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not big on the swirly colors... I've had some houge stuff and a McMillan stock that were like that.  Decided I'm not a fan.  I love foliage though.  All my ARs wear it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top