Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2009 7:45:21 PM EDT
im coming from the darkside to build an AR..one quick question, is there a specific name for the type of AR with the humongous 12-14 inch rail on it..
.becuase i think thats the style i am going to try and make..and what are some names of rail companies that are reliable
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
thanks by the way for any responses

~josh
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:57:15 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're talking about 16" barrels with 12" free float rails on them, I don't think there's any specific name for them. They just give you more real estate to add lights or grips or a further hand hold to them. As far as specific manufactures,  Daniel Defense, Larue, KAC and Troy are probably the top makers of them. The DD lite rails are the lightest AFAIK.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Recce rifle
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#4]
thank you very very much!
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 8:16:21 PM EDT
[#5]
For rails, also check Midwest Industries and Yankee Hill Machine, both are great quality and good prices.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Also Larue makes damn good rails.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Also Larue makes damn good rails.

And damn expensive ones. :)

Depending on price range...MIdwest/YHM for mid level...Larue/Daniel Defense/Knight's Armament will put you high dollar. Any of which will do you fine.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#8]

here's my new one (sorry for shitty pic) it's a 16inch larue stealth upper w/a 13,2 in. handguard.  I just love how it looks, but it is a little heavy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Recce rifle

are you sure, i was talking to my, "ar bud" about it and we wern't sure.  Unfortunately, there are no pics i can find, plz help.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top