Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2009 1:07:50 PM EDT
Has anyone handled these and, can there be  that profound difference between the 2
I realize the LMT is mil-spec and RRA is commercial, but up-wards of a $ 130 dollars difference, (complete) Thats
getting a hard pill to swallow. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#1]
LMT all day. Worth every penny.

You might want to also consider waiting for Magpul to release the ACS stock. Google it, its probably more of what you are looking for than a CTR or a MOE.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got 2 SOPMOD stocks, I freaking love them.  I've also got an ACS backordered for when they start shipping.  If you decide to wait for the MAGPUL since they are supposed to cost less, go ahead and order it, otherwise you'll be left wanting one badly and none will be in stock––then you'll end up overpaying for somebody elses, most likely.  The LMT's are worth every penny, though, I promise you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:50:55 PM EDT
[#3]
What does the ACS cost?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:16:20 PM EDT
[#4]
LMT sopmod rocks.  I just received one on my new piston gun from LMT and it is really nice.  That being said, MAGPUL is GTG.  It seems like everything they touch is gold but good luck finding their stuff, especially their stocks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Not that you need another product to look at but the VLTOR EMod is similar might be worth a look here.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#7]

and it is still a sloppy fit buttstock with extra crap on it..............and yes I have 2 in my "junk" parts box.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#8]
LMT SOPMOD is the best stock we own. Worth the money.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:31:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This without question. After you have a SOPMOD you will not even think about others.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#10]
LMT Sopmod.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Never tried the RRA, but the I've tried most others and keep coming back to the SOPMOD. It's just a damn good stock.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've got 2 SOPMOD stocks, I freaking love them.  I've also got an ACS backordered for when they start shipping.  If you decide to wait for the MAGPUL since they are supposed to cost less, go ahead and order it, otherwise you'll be left wanting one badly and none will be in stock––then you'll end up overpaying for somebody elses, most likely.  The LMT's are worth every penny, though, I promise you.

Where'd you backorder the ACS from as Magpul's site says it's not taking stock orders?

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I've got 3 SOPMODs.  For me it's the best stock out there.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've got 3 SOPMODs.  For me it's the best stock out there.

Got you beat. I got 4 and they are the only stock I would put on my ARs besides a CTR and an UBR.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:56:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I tried several and chose the LMT.I like the cheekweld,fit to my LMT lower,and the $100 price tag wasn't bad either
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

and it is still a sloppy fit buttstock with extra crap on it..............and yes I have 2 in my "junk" parts box.

Works just fine* for what it is ... useless.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Do sopmods have a QD hole or do you have to buy some type of adapter?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The new style has a push button swivel cup, old style does not.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So Vltor QD HD swivels will plug right in?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they're the push button type.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they're the push button type.

they are. thanks for the help
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#22]
No problem. I snapped a quick pic of mine for you:

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#23]
SOPMOD FTW.  

If you didn't know, it's made by none other than Knight's Armament (or Knight's Mfg?) for LMT.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No problem. I snapped a quick pic of mine for you:

http://i32.tinypic.com/211p001.jpg

sweet! Thanks again!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:31:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What does the ACS cost?

I believe it's going to be around $165.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
SOPMOD FTW.  

If you didn't know, it's made by none other than Knight's Armament (or Knight's Mfg?) for LMT.

You sure about that? Isn't it the other way around? All the SOPMODs I've seen are sold under the LMT brand besides the ones that come with KAC factory rifles. Either way, I agree that the SOPMOD has hands down the best in comfort and looks. It locks tight on most tubes and the only negative about it is that it's not as streamlined as the standard Gen II or CTR stocks when a single point is installed (due to sloping cheekpad). The ACR looks to be promising too (plus at a lower price) but who knows how long that's going to take. A mil-spec tube is required to use the SOPMOD. It sure is pricey but worth getting at least one for your most-used AR. Buy used on the EE (less chance of getting a fake by checking feedback) if money is an issue.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:02:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What does the ACS cost?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:18:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Does anyone have an Operator to give the OP (and myself) an opinion on? They look solid
but if they rattle like a cheap, plastic collapsible it would be a deal breaker.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:21:10 AM EDT
[#29]
The Sopmod is fairly priced when included with a defender lower ($100 extra vs the standard M4 stock).  Buy itself I feel it is over priced.

BUT...while the check weld has a VERY nice feel to it, due to my NTCH, half my check was still on the extention tube.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:50:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I have tried the Magpul UBR, CTR, MOE and the Vltor EMOD and yet nothing will ever replace the SOPMOD for me.  It is by far my favorite stock, with the CTR being a distant second.

It truly makes the RRA look like a turd in comparison.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm no AR expert,only a casual AR shooter so opted to go with the RRA operator. Until I just read this thread,I did'nt know what a SOPMOD is or half the other things I see abbreviated on this site .
I'm sure there are better stock options out there but for what I need this one will work just fine.
Of the 4 adjustable stocks I now have,this one is the tightest and most comfortable to shoulder but I have yet to shoot this rifle. The others are just factory units,a Colt(AR15),Armalite(AR10) and DPMS(AP4 308). The DPMS stock is by far the worst piece of junk I've ever handled. If I even keep that rifle I'll eventually swap it out. The Colt and Armalite have some play but nothing that bothers me. This new RRA operator does have some play but much less than my others. I would say if your looking for a stock that has absolute zero play and is butt hole tight then this is probably not the one you want.
I guess from what I read the RRA tube is commercial vs milspec? I assume this is a bad thing but again,I'm no expert. It will do what I need it too.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:15:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
SOPMOD FTW.  

You sure about that? Isn't it the other way around? All the SOPMODs I've seen are sold under the LMT brand besides the ones that come with KAC factory rifles. Either way, I agree that the SOPMOD has hands down the best in comfort and looks. It locks tight on most tubes and the only negative about it is that it's not as streamlined as the standard Gen II or CTR stocks when a single point is installed (due to sloping cheekpad). The ACR looks to be promising too (plus at a lower price) but who knows how long that's going to take. A mil-spec tube is required to use the SOPMOD. It sure is pricey but worth getting at least one for your most-used AR. Buy used on the EE (less chance of getting a fake by checking feedback) if money is an issue.

Yup.  LMT has the license from Crane, but KAC makes them for LMT and themselves, per Kevin Boland.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Ok I get that the LMT is the next coming of Jesus, but how is it compared to a a RRA operator and is it worth an extra cash, I mean $ 130 Dollars. Is there a side by side comparison. I wish that the manufacture would provide more pictures of their product to be able to compare oranges to oranges (like NewEgg for computers provideing 5 to 10 Pics to allow you to look more at their porducts). Considering the cost of such products for the ar now days.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm no AR expert,only a casual AR shooter so opted to go with the RRA operator. Until I just read this thread,I did'nt know what a SOPMOD is or half the other things I see abbreviated on this site .
I'm sure there are better stock options out there but for what I need this one will work just fine.
Of the 4 adjustable stocks I now have,this one is the tightest and most comfortable to shoulder but I have yet to shoot this rifle. The others are just factory units,a Colt(AR15),Armalite(AR10) and DPMS(AP4 308). The DPMS stock is by far the worst piece of junk I've ever handled. If I even keep that rifle I'll eventually swap it out. The Colt and Armalite have some play but nothing that bothers me. This new RRA operator does have some play but much less than my others. I would say if your looking for a stock that has absolute zero play and is butt hole tight then this is probably not the one you want.
I guess from what I read the RRA tube is commercial vs milspec? I assume this is a bad thing but again,I'm no expert. It will do what I need it too.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a305/M1Riflenut/gun%20pics/P1080816.jpg?t=1249332069

Nice looking weapon. No expertise needed to know what you like. I am happy with the SOPMOD, you seem to be just as happy with the RRA. It would be a boring world if everyone liked brunettes and no one dug redheads.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks catman2. i would like a comparison, anybody out their with a RRA operator that would like to way-in. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a305/M1Riflenut/gun%20pics/P1080816.jpg?t=1249332069

No. Its not a bad thing.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
LMT all day. Worth every penny.

You might want to also consider waiting for Magpul to release the ACS stock. Google it, its probably more of what you are looking for than a CTR or a MOE.

If their performance with the UBR stock is any indicator he'll be mounting that on a phaser.   They can't even get any UBR stocks out the door and at least those are supposedly being produced.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#38]
That's great but have you dealt with, touched, handled a RRA operator, that's all I'm asking. I have not dealt with either LMT or a RRA Operator, Is there a $130 difference in the product?
Doesn't that seem like alot ?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#39]
for $130 difference i will be getting the operator. when rra first put it out it was $170 complete. after a couple of weeks it dropped $40.

here is the same thing that you are finding gunmetalgray. the lmt guys sure love their stocks.

linkabillaty.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That's great but have you dealt with, touched, handled a RRA operator, that's all I'm asking. I have not dealt with either LMT or a RRA Operator, Is there a $130 difference in the product?
Doesn't that seem like alot ?

Some people know the price of everything and the value of nothing. I hope you find someone to tell you the RRA is 95% as good for only 30% of the price. I'll get one in desert tan.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks clickbangbang for the info!
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What does the ACS cost?

Thanks!

More like $135 for the ACS
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top