Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 7:20:21 PM EDT
It doesnt mean anything to me as far as cool, but Im buying a new stock and its just the stock and it doesnt come with bugger tube or anything. I need to know which to buy I got a 4 position on there now.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#1]
you can measure. the easiest way to tell is if it has a slanted end or straight.

The slanted is comm.
Straight is mil-spec.

Need to find a pic.       here you go.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Who made your extension.  Some are mil spec some are commercial.  Don't have access to a set of calipers?  Mil Spec is 1.146 inch I believe.  Commercial is bigger, at 1.17 or so.  You can put a commerical on a milspec, its a little loose.  CAN'T put a milspec stock on commercial tube.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
you can measure. the easiest way to tell is if it has a slanted end or straight.

The slanted is comm.
Straight is mil-spec.

Need to find a pic.       here you go.

http://www.laruetactical.com/pics/BufferTube/CTR_Stock_Specs.jpg

Your the man thanks.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The slanted is comm.
Straight is mil-spec.

That is NOT a definitive way to tell.

Just look at the where the tube meets the threads.  It's easy to see the difference in the photo that was posted, that is definitive.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top