Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 3:06:40 PM EDT
I've got 2 stripped AR-15 lowers collecting dust. I have a complete 16" barrel AR-15 already & plan to build a 20". That leaves 1 lower. I don't see myself building another 16" or 20" and can't have an SBR. So should I hang onto it or sell it & put the $ into another weapon?

I don't need to sell it, but if I'm never gonna use it I don't need it tying up funds.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Why'd you buy the extra lower if you weren't going to build it? I say build another 16". If you have a carbine gas system, build a midlength, or vice versa.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#2]
You could always do a 14.5" and have a break or flash hider permanently attached to bring it to non SBR length, but still would be shorter than a 16" with a muzzle device.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:43:37 PM EDT
[#3]
It's only $100 or so bucks you have tied up.  Do you want to build a GI profile A2?  Well after that do you want a pencil barrel 20" or a dedicated scoped rifle?  I would keep it.  Build it out as a complete lower with stock as a spare or something.  Who knows, in five years they may be out lawed.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I say build an 18" SPR with the third lower, JMHO though.

Definitely keep it though, as mentioned above they might be outlawed before you know it and at least you'll be able to build one more rifle if you want, or it will be worth a lot more money then if it ever does happen. That's why I'm on my third rifle (second build) now since buying my first BR last Nov. and plan on at least the purchase of one more lower if nothing else.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Hang on to it. You just never know...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:46:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep it.

If the 16in has a standard front site build one without or the other way.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You could always do a 14.5" and have a break or flash hider permanently attached to bring it to non SBR length, but still would be shorter than a 16" with a muzzle device.

Hmm, that's an idea.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's only $100 or so bucks you have tied up.  Do you want to build a GI profile A2?  Well after that do you want a pencil barrel 20" or a dedicated scoped rifle?  I would keep it.  Build it out as a complete lower with stock as a spare or something.  Who knows, in five years they may be out lawed.

I'll be puttin a scope on the 20" The 16" has an EOTech
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Then you need one with original iron sights of course.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Then you need one with original iron sights of course.

I still use the irons on my 16"
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top