Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:26:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I was mounting an eotech onto my rifle and my girlfriend wanted to hold my rifle.  I handed it to her, she swung the rifle up and whacked the edge of the granite counter top with the flash hider.  I almost crapped my pants.  It was soooo loud.  It actually made a little chip on the underside of the counter top edge.  The rifle seems fine other than a tiny little mark on the top of the flash hider.  She didn't mean it, so I can't be too mad.  It is a CHF barrel.  What do you guys think.  Is my rifle gonna suffer any lasting effects from this brutal whack.

NO...

It's a combat weapon, not a friggin glass figurine...

In the Army, they get thrown around, dropped in the dirt, used as ladders, etc... And they work fine afterwords...

So long as she doesn't use it as a pry bar, it's damn hard to break an AR....

If it's GI-proof, it's girlfriend proof...
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:51:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I was mounting an eotech onto my rifle and my girlfriend wanted to hold my rifle.  I handed it to her, she swung the rifle up and whacked the edge of the granite counter top with the flash hider.  I almost crapped my pants.  It was soooo loud.  It actually made a little chip on the underside of the counter top edge.  The rifle seems fine other than a tiny little mark on the top of the flash hider.  She didn't mean it, so I can't be too mad.  It is a CHF barrel.  What do you guys think.  Is my rifle gonna suffer any lasting effects from this brutal whack.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r70/GBME2/ASoldierwithCharlieCompany1stSquadr.jpg

not sure how a MUD covered rifle helps this guy but whatever. Hey man my exgirlfriend dropped my browning .223 wssm with a Leupold 6.5-20x40 scope on it. That is why she is my EXgirlfriend.   I wouldn't suggest doing the same with yours tho (girlfriend that is)
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:57:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Doubt it.  These rifles are designed to be used to beat down doors, shoot the hell out of Hajis and terrorists, and do so in conditions that are very unfavorable to smooth functioning of a firearm and they accomplish this.  No worries.  One good wack on the flash hider isn't going to hurt anything.

There's even a flash hider made intended to be used as a melee weapon; it has edges that will do damage if you jam the barrel into a bad guy's chest with it.  I think it's called the medieval flash hider, I forget who makes it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:59:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Alright, I know I was over reacting.  But, man, I can never get used to the feeling you get when a new firearms gets its first ding.  Thanks guys.

Gives it character.  My first centerfire rifle was a Norinco SKS, which I still have.  It's traveled far and wide with me.  She now has scratches in the stock, spots with the finish worn off, and some rust pitting on the barrel from exposure to the elements.  It gives her character
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hate to be this way, but is anyone else nervous a tad when handing anything to the opposite sex?

Yes.

I'll probably get banned for recounting this joke that comes to mind.
A female flight student was having a horrible time, just could NOT fly the airplane, she was to rough on the controls, just could NOT keep the airplane trimmed and flying smoothly.
One instructor decided to take her under his wing and put in the extra work to help her make it through the program.  In the briefing before the flight he explained to the young lady, "You have to be gentle with the control stick, you have to coax what you want out of the airplane by gently manipulating that control stick.  Treat the stick like it was your boyfriends penis."  The instructor could see a twinkle in the gals eye, she looked as if she had an epiphany, so off to the aircraft they went. After take-off, the instructor turns over the controls to the student, and he pleasantly surprised, the airplane is flying marvelously, she performs every maneuver flawlessly.  The Instructor comments, "This is marvelous, you doing so much better."  The reply he receives back, "An-ooo, iiir, ooo-rre, a-iie, iii eally orking."  Wondering why his student is speaking so funny, he leans around to peer at the seat behind him to find the young lady with head down and over the control stick.

Yes, I'm going to hell for that one.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#6]
war weapon -VS- countertop

War weapon by first round liver shot knockout!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top