Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2008 6:39:44 AM EDT
Does the LMT semi bolt carrier have a shrouded firing pin?
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:21:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes it does.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:36:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.

From the description I thought that it might, but it never really comes right out and says it.  It just says, "heavier profile at rear of carrier group and under firing pin".  

I am still planning to stick with a semi BCG...the information on if you can or can't use an M16 BCG is still very confusing.  I would rather be safe than sorry.

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Unless you live in a retarded state, an auto carrier is just fine. LMT makes those, and they'e great, although I wouldn't expect a semi from LMT to be lacking in any way either.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:35:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Gambitt,

Thanks for your thread.  I need to buy a few BCGs myself.  I think that there is a huge amount of bad info on the internet.  I bought a Colt 6721 yesterday.  It has a FA bolt in it.  My dealer showed how Colt is allowed to ship a FA bolt in a SA weapon.  When you open up the upper and lower and look just behind the trigger asy in a Colt lower there is a bridge or web.  This prevents a dropin auto sear from being used.  I can tell you that that bridge is NOT there on my Bushmaster or Armalite guns.  Alot of people use the Colt letter to justify putting a FA BCG in a non-Colt gun-I hope that they are okay.  Like you, I am just going with a SA BCG.

John
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, I have read that Colt is making some type of modification to the bolt carrier and that it isn't just an out of the box M16 bolt.  I think to put an M16 BCG in a gun is taking a chance.  The BATF changes things day to day...I am going to stay on the safe side.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:41:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yes, I have read that Colt is making some type of modification to the bolt carrier and that it isn't just an out of the box M16 bolt.  I think to put an M16 BCG in a gun is taking a chance.  The BATF changes things day to day...I am going to stay on the safe side.

+1, sold my BCM carrier for this very reason.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top