Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 6:14:50 PM EDT
Hello, I have a new stag upper and BRIGADE'S UNIVERSAL MILITARY RIFLE & PISTOL CLEANING KIT. I was wondering if I can use the chamer brush from this kit to clean the star chamber, which is chrome lined, and if there is a proper method of cleaning it. ie, do I just shove it in and twist it in any direction. Thank You!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:54:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hello, I have a new stag upper and BRIGADE'S UNIVERSAL MILITARY RIFLE & PISTOL CLEANING KIT. I was wondering if I can use the chamer brush from this kit to clean the star chamber, which is chrome lined, and if there is a proper method of cleaning it. ie, do I just shove it in and twist it in any direction. Thank You!

Yep, Chamber brush is absolutely required.  Take a gander at this, this will help you keep the rifle happy:

www.ar15.com/content/swat/keepitrunning.pdf
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:03:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

That is one clean rifle! I don't think any of mine have ever been that clean. Well done.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:47:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine either. Theres always a little bit a gunk in that small ring around the chamber. Quib FTW as always

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Metroliner/Cleaning32Sm.jpg

That is one clean rifle! I don't think any of mine have ever been that clean. Well done.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:26:47 AM EDT
[#5]
QUIB  

works hard here

Hatts off

I use Brake Cleaner because its cheap

Im a single Dad with Full custody
Kids cost alot
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:46:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quib, I always admire your thoroughness. I think you may be the only guy I know who enjoys cleaning your guns more than shooting them. You may be a little OCD but you're always welcome to come clean mine.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:47:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
QUIB  

works hard here

Hatts off

I use Brake Cleaner because its cheap

Im a single Dad with Full custody
Kids cost alot

If you can keep the kids clean the guns should be a piece of cake.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank You all for the help, it is greatly appreciated. My star chamber isn't even that clean and it's new! On that note, my new upper has what looks to be surface rust in the chamber, could it be leftover residue from test firing at factory? or are chrome chambers prone to rust?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top