Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 8:11:27 PM EDT
IF THE BARREL IM PURCHASING HAS FEED RAMPS ON THE EXTENSION, DOES MY UPPER RECEIVER ASSEMBLY NEED THEM ALSO.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
yes and no

iirc:  m4 bbl xtension + no m4 feed ramped upper = ok

regular bbl xtension + m4 feedramped upper = bad
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#2]
OK that only confused me more. What about having a m4 receiver assembly with a barrel extension with the feedramps.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Receiver with M4 cuts and barrel with M4 cuts= Good.

Receiver without M4 cuts and barrel with M4 cuts= OK

Receiver with M4 cuts and Barrel without M4 cuts= Bad.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys. What happens if the grooves dont  line up like the pic in the lower left? Maybe to be on the safe side I should get the upper receiver assembly without the feedramps?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:08:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks guys. What happens if the grooves dont  line up like the pic in the lower left? Maybe to be on the safe side I should get the upper receiver assembly without the feedramps?

I would question ANY upper you got like the one on the lower left. No vendor on this site would intentionally deliver that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:42:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That is a pic of a set up on a barrel with standard ramps & a receiver with extensions. As has already been stated that is not a good combo that you want to shoot with. If you can't find a M4 ramped receiver to go with your M4 ramped barrel extension then you will be ok buying one without as well.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If you look on the lower left pic, rounds could potentially get caught underneath the barrel extention, creating feeding problems
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is a good picture of my LM&T Defender 2000 M4 feed ramp. Not easy to focus on it.

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u199/photobug4741/?action=view¤t=M4LMT.jpg

Here is a good picture of the feed ramp on my S&WM&P15T.

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u199/photobug4741/?action=view¤t=ChamberT15ajpg.jpg

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top