Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 8:46:01 AM EDT
I tried to find the answer by doing a search but no luck as I am unsure who actually makes Sabre Defence Lowers.

I have an SDI lower as well as a newer Spikes Tactical lower. Both are of excellent quality with respect to how the builds went.

I'm in Idaho and a buddy has a RDIAS. Both lowers are the same dimensionally with respect to there rear shelf's. Can someone verify if they are low or high shelf?

Thanks,

openbolt
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:49:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, does the RDIAS fit??

* shelf should be ~.625 deep -
or for quick reference, lower than the safety crossbar.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:17:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Spike emailed me a while back and told that Spikes Tacical lower were low shelf.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#3]
We have not been able to hook up yet since his form 4 cleared. But after measuring the depth and comparing it to your .625" given it the above post I see that it will not work as both of mine come in at around .515" in depth.

Thank you for the help even though it wasn't the answer I was hoping for!

openbolt

edited to add: According to the AR15.com post where most all lowers are compared, I too read where Spike's are low shelf. I'm here to tell ya that the NEWEST "THUG 000XX" S/N'ed lowers are defiantly high shelf.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Spike emailed me a while back and told that Spikes Tacical lower were low shelf.

The older Spike's lowers were low shelf. The newer ones (in the past several months) are high shelf. He had to change his forging supplier due to demand.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#5]
yes, but their magwell dimensions can be tight sometimes.

the best low shelf receivers that i have are my megas. LAR's are also very good.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:48:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
He had to change his forging supplier due to demand.

Which has nothing to do with shelf height.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Why on earth would any manufacturer do a high shelf? Honestly, I want to know. Their has got to be some reason I just don't know about.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Why on earth would any manufacturer do a high shelf? Honestly, I'm want to know. Their has got to be some reason I just don't know about.

Liability
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top