Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2007 1:48:21 PM EDT
Where on a Colt barrel with an M-4 profile is the twist rate stamped?
Once you guys have had a good chuckle over this one, I already know I should be able to find it.
Sign me Old and Confused
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Should be on the top side or bottom side between the front sight base and flash supressor somewhere.

My White Oak 6.8 stainless barrel is the only one I've seen that was stamped elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 2:04:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Should be on the top side or bottom side between the front sight base and flash supressor somewhere.

My White Oak 6.8 stainless barrel is the only one I've seen that was stamped elsewhere.

RRA puts a code on the top of the barrel by the rec, to find it you have to take the top handguard off
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 2:24:06 PM EDT
[#3]
colt will be on the topside, in front of the FSB,  
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RRA puts a code on the top of the barrel by the rec, to find it you have to take the top handguard off

Ok?

I didn't say it was for sure stamped there. I said every one I've seen except for my White Oak is stamped there.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got one with no markings at all.  If yours is unmarked you may try the following.

You can take a cleaning rod.  Put a patch on it.  make a small mark on the rod clse to the handle to mark the top of the rod.  Push it into the barrel until the mark turns for one full rotation.  Mark the rod again where it lines up with the receiver edge. Withdraw the rod until the first mark by the handle is back to top again, mark the rod at the receiver edge again.  Measure the distance between the marks and you should have a good idea of the twist rate.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks,
May have to try that.
Only markings visible are on the front sight itself, 07 I 1, and on the left side of the barrel near the front handguard ring, 7/00.
So perhaps it was merely advertised as a Colt upper.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top