Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2007 10:36:29 AM EDT
This could be a really dumb question, but I'm a little confused.  I have a Bushmaster 16" carbine with a LaRue BUIS.  I've zeroed the carbine at a 50 yard range using the Maryland AR15 Shooters Site "Improved Battlesight Zero" instructions (http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/improvedbattlesightzero.msnw).

I got the carbine zeroed at 50 yards (I had to crank the front sight way up as I was shooting too high. I almost went beyond the detent's holding ability, and had to crank back down some).

When I shoot closer at 25 yards, however, I'm consistently shooting much lower.  It makes me want to crank the front sight lower to adjust the aim -- but then the 50 yard zero is going to be off.

Am I missing something.  Don't be afraid to smack me upside the head if need be...    
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Since the sights are way above the line of the bore, the bullets will only strike halfway between those two extremes if you're zeroed at 50 yards. I'd bet you're hitting about
1-1/8" low at 25 yards? You can't be dead-on at all ranges anytime the sights are higher than the bore line.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top