Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2007 5:19:05 PM EDT
I'm in the process of working on my first AR15 build, and I'm in need of some help.  I'm looking for a few items, but I'm not sure where to find what I'm looking for exactly:

I want a Colt M-4 Upper with a 14.5" SOCOM M4 barrel and A2 Flash Hider...the problem for me is, where do I find one?  I looked on the Colt website, but they don't have just an upper listed like this.  Is this something that I'm just going to have to go to my local FFL who happens to be a Colt distributor and tell him this is what I want and he'll call Colt to make it happen?  I'm just not sure where to find what I'm looking for on the Upper.

Likewise, I'm looking for an LMT SBR'd Lower with KNS Pins and LMT Trigger group...again, the problem is that I don't see this exact set up on the LMT website.  I understand that I will probably have to get the pins and the trigger group separately...but still...where?

Can someone point me in the right direction???
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Have fun paying out the ass but here ya go.  Dunno if they have the SOCOM barrel though.

www.specializedarmament.com/catalog/Colt_Rifle_Parts-4-0.html

BTW you'll need it to be 14.7 if you plan on putting a regular A2 fh on there or else you're not gonna reach the legal 16" and you'll have to pay an extra $200 to SBR it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:58:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks fivepointoh.  Yeah, I was worried about that...paying out the nose for these things.  And thanks for pointing out the barrel length with regard to getting the 14.5" and making it legal.  Maybe I should go with the 16" then just to be on the safe side.

Anyone else have any ideas where to get what I'm looking for?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#3]
No prob.

I would say check out the industry section and start clickin through the vendors.  Or check out the EE in the "lowers" section.  Might score a deal there.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top