Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2007 7:44:43 PM EDT
I know that this has been tacked to the HOME page, but after reading about three pages of posts, I have a question. Why is it that all of us can create, add to, argue with, attach some amazing photos of builds to posts, and we have no clue of how to write a letter to an elected official? H.R. 1022 may, or may not go anywhere. But a lot of what happens depends on YOU writing to your elected officials. I'm sorry if I hit some nerves here, but this is America, this is how it works. Get off of your ass and communicate with the people that are representing you.

Sorry if I offended anyone, but at 52 years old, I need some younger blood to help me with the battles.

Carry on.

BruceM
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:29:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Just wrote mine tonight.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:49:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I emailed my officials today. I just found a letter that someone else wrote and posted on a different forum and sent that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Sorry if I offended anyone, but at 52 years old, I need some younger blood to help me with the battles

Ya got me by 10 Bruce . Wrote 2 emails today and have more planned for sun and mon.

We need to Zumbotron the fools ..............
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:25:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Wrote mine again today...
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:28:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I sent my thoughts on the new Sport Utility Rifle ban and this is the response I got

Dear Neighbor,

Thank you for contacting me in Washington. Understanding your views and priorities will help focus my work in Congress.

As your representative in the U.S. House, I am grateful to have the privilege of working for the families and citizens of the new 17th District. By working together in good faith, I believe we can continue to ensure that America is strong, safe and free.

Thank you again for your thoughts. Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you.

Sincerely,
Signature here
Member of Congress
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:02:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I know that this has been tacked to the HOME page, but after reading about three pages of posts, I have a question. Why is it that all of us can create, add to, argue with, attach some amazing photos of builds to posts, and we have no clue of how to write a letter to an elected official? H.R. 1022 may, or may not go anywhere. But a lot of what happens depends on YOU writing to your elected officials. I'm sorry if I hit some nerves here, but this is America, this is how it works. Get off of your ass and communicate with the people that are representing you.

Sorry if I offended anyone, but at 52 years old, I need some younger blood to help me with the battles.

Carry on.

BruceM

Sir,

Here's a "how to/who to" contact link:  www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/     (NRA-ILA... no worries)

Thanks for caring!

B2

BTW, turn on "allow Instant Messages" underneath your profile (top right) and the "quote" below is what I was going to send via IM and then post the basic link on your thread.

Just by the words in your question, there are a lot of "spear chuckers"  or "high schoolers" around here that aren't helping anything!  I seriously expect a "weeding" effort in the not too distant future...

Sir,

I feel your frustration at times and hope this helps:

Here's how to "get in touch" with almost any of your lawmakers:  www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/

Sorry if I messed this up, but I just a few short years behind you with this computer whiz stuff...  

I think GOA (Gun Owners of America) has some other "help tool" -- personally, I like the NRA, they've changed and I'm in the process of becoming a Life Member.

BTW, I'll post this once again in your thread!

Thanks,
Brian B.
CO SPGS, CO

That "retiring" old AF guy...
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#7]
it's cause people don't write letters anymore. Only time in my life I've written a letter is when a Drill Instructor made me when i was younger.

confusion solved.

and although that is a real answer the bigger reason, people (myself included) don't believe politicians care one bit about what people want and will go with their agenda regardless of anything else.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#8]
The problem is, they DON'T represent us, they represent their big $ contributors.

Take the fucking Dems, they are always trying to tell us what is best for us. They think we don't have the intelligence to make our own decisions. They represent themselves.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:58:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 11:39:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The problem is, they DON'T represent us, they represent their big $ contributors.

Take the fucking Dems, they are always trying to tell us what is best for us. They think we don't have the intelligence to make our own decisions. They represent themselves.

same as the republicans who will tell us what's best. They tell us more of what we should be watching on tv, listening to etc. No politician cares what you or I think. At least not anybody in one of the major parties.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 11:59:42 PM EDT
[#11]

I would guess it is because this is the technical weapon section of the forum, and there are other areas of the site devoted to such endeavors.  I think the mods have a pretty hard time keeping this section focused on technical aspects as it is without the introduction of politics into it.

I don't think you will find anyone who disagrees that its an important topic, but the below forum may be a better place for a tacked thread on this subject.

Either way, keep up the good fight, as are the rest of us.  You aren't alone by any stretch.

ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=1&f=6

MY BAD!  

However; Stickman, can you explain the "Elkmont Arms Trigger Pull Reduction Kit"?   I just don't get it...  

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:03:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Paper letters through the USPS make an impression, but emails do to.  GOOD writing in proper English with proper punctuation is crucial to the impact of anything you write, and even more so when writing your elected officials.  And in spite of the fact that a lot of us are pretty cynical about the whole political process (if you think D.C. is hosed up, you haven't watched your City Council in action lately!), the suits in those offices MUST listen if they want to keep their cushy jobs.  Making a fuss is not only a good idea, it's part of being a responsible citizen; the office holders work for YOU (so it says in the Constitution) and you are responsible for making sure they do what YOU want.

With that said, I'm with Stick about why this issue doesn't belong in THIS forum.  Activism is a Good Thing®, but it's not a technical AR issue.  It's a serious CITIZENSHIP issue.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#13]
I just emailed the President, our two senators, and our representative.  Thanks!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top