Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2007 5:31:53 PM EDT
Thanks for all your help on a previous post.  Went tonight and looked at two options:

1.  Bushmaster Predator 20" - nice rifle, free floating barrel, two stage trigger.  Looked at a couple bench scope options in the $400-700 range.  Guy I was talking to recommended a Burris.

2.  Armalite 16" flattop.  Also a nice rifle.  Telescoping stock, regular trigger.  Don't know if I would put a bench scope on this one or do a red dot or something like that for indoor range, 25yard fun.  Could also put a rear and front flip-up open sight and forget about optics alltogether.

So, here's my dilema - which one to start with.   Bushmaster Predator is $1029 plus say $500-700 for the nice long range scope.  Armalite 16" is $889 and either $150 for the flip up open sights or maybe $500 for a red dot.  Honestly, I have no idea how to proceed and am more confused now than ever.  I can't afford to do both right now.  So I'm trying to figure out if I should build the long range bench gun or go for the 16" and use it primarily at the indoor range (just don't think I'd be good at 100 yards with a red dot). Any tips for a beginner?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:51:42 AM EDT
[#1]
It depends what kind of shooting you plan on doing most, Ricky Bobby.

Your two choices are sorta on opposite ends of the spectrum!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]
 My first ar was a bushy flattop m4, my second was a bushy preadtor with a  mark 4 14x 50 leupold ( 8 bills for the glass).

I would pick up the carbine first then go for the long range rifle.  Since then Ive picked up another m4 bushy and a 20 in. a4 armalite that was to good to pass up.
 Plus two ar10 armalites, yes Ive got a bad case of BRD  ETA. My M4s both have  512 EoTechs
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top