Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2006 5:19:59 PM EDT
You can now see two years of my work in 20 seconds.  Enjoy and thanks Santa.

I am going to paint the shroud on the Eotech, but I havent fired it with it on there yet, so I wanted to check it out before I voided my warranty.

SPECS:
LMT lower by Lauer Custom Weaponry
Stag LPK from Stag Arms
Magpul enhanced trigger guard from Ranier Arms
Tactical bolt catch from JSE surplus
Hahn dedicated mag block from Brownell's
Ergo Suregrip from Falcon Industries
RRA 9mm buffer and hammer from RBPrecision
ACE shorty stock from RBPrecision
RRA 9mm upper from ADCO
Barrel work by ADCO
MI rear flip sight from RBPrecision
MI midlength railed HG from DSG Arms
OD rail covers from DSG Arms
Subgun Magpul from Bowers Tactical
OD Alumahyde II paint from Brownell's
Blue force single point sling from DSG Arms
Phoenix flash hider from Ranier Arms
Eotech 511 from SKD Tactical
GG&G accucam fro SKD Tactical
TangoDown verical grip from Mooney's
Colt 9mm mags from the EE
Laser Devices OP-6 flashlight from G&R tactical
MI side sling adaptor from DSG Arms

FIN
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice work. Just curious, why 9mm?
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 5:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Very nice work. Just curious, why 9mm?

I aleady have a 5.56, and they are fun.

I originally bought it for the cheap ammo, but in hind sight it was kind of stupid to spend all the money to shoot cheap ammo.  I is a great gun though, and I dont regret it a bit.
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a nice lookin' rifle. Congratulations. Enjoy it to the fullest.
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nice build.  

yeah, way to go!
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Very COOL!
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I like that 'waffle' mag. I would have left it black, though. How does the paint wear in the hand contact areas? That is a great-looking 9mm carbine.
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 7:49:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I like that 'waffle' mag. I would have left it black, though. How does the paint wear in the hand contact areas? That is a great-looking 9mm carbine.

The promags cannot be trusted, at least in my rifle.  I bought one to try out and didnt have the reliability of the colt mags, so I painted it for pretty pictures.  I am looking forward to the CProducts being reliable and cheaper.  Time will tell.
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#9]

NICE!
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 8:26:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice very cool
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 11:02:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/26/2006 2:32:44 AM EDT
[#12]
job well done. It looks great.
Link Posted: 12/26/2006 2:38:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Excellent job.
Link Posted: 12/26/2006 2:38:58 AM EDT
[#14]
A good well done!
Link Posted: 12/26/2006 3:30:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Looks great, range report?
Link Posted: 12/26/2006 3:31:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I am going to paint the shroud on the Eotech, but I havent fired it with it on there yet, so I wanted to check it out before I voided my warranty.

You don't have to worry about voiding the warranty, you can get replacement hoods from Eotech.  Here
Link Posted: 12/26/2006 5:34:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't have to worry about voiding the warranty, you can get replacement hoods from Eotech.  Here

Thanks for the link.

According to them, any removal of the hood voids the warranty.  I plan on painting it anyway, and if I have a problem I guess I will have to buy a replacement hood to cover my tracks.  I just want to shoot it with it one time unpainted, just to make sure.

The rifle has been in a shootable state for about a year, but not "complete" until I added the optic.  It eats up the ammo.
Link Posted: 12/26/2006 5:46:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Very nice looking build.  I am hoping to be able to build a 9mm carbine in the future just to add a little variation to the collection.
Link Posted: 12/26/2006 6:00:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Very nice!  
Link Posted: 12/26/2006 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Hmmmm.......seems like I have seen that rifle somewhere.....

We need to get a January HTF shoot together, damnit!
Link Posted: 12/26/2006 7:21:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the link.

According to them, any removal of the hood voids the warranty.  I plan on painting it anyway, and if I have a problem I guess I will have to buy a replacement hood to cover my tracks.  I just want to shoot it with it one time unpainted, just to make sure.

The rifle has been in a shootable state for about a year, but not "complete" until I added the optic.  It eats up the ammo.

This is not correct.  I emailed them last year about this issue and got this reponse which has been repeated several times since then.

To Whom It May Concern:

The use of the GG&G Accucam will void only a portion of our warranty as it relates to the parts of our sight that the Accucam interfaces with. For example, any problem with the hood screws, hood, base, locking bar, or any portion of the weapon that those parts of the sight interface with will not be covered. However, the electronic, optical, and mechanical function and portions of the sight will still be covered.

If you require further clarification, please do not hesitate to call or email.

Sincerely,

Dennis Finnegan
Customer Service Manager
EOTech Inc.
3600 Green Ct. STE 400
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
(734)741-8868 x3919
(734)741-8221 fax
[email protected]

BTW Dennis Finnegan is a member here.

Nice rifle.

Seydou
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 4:19:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the link.

According to them, any removal of the hood voids the warranty.  I plan on painting it anyway, and if I have a problem I guess I will have to buy a replacement hood.   I just want to shoot it with it one time unpainted, just to make sure.

This is not correct.  I emailed them last year about this issue and got this reponse which has been repeated several times since then.

To Whom It May Concern:

The use of the GG&G Accucam will void only a portion of our warranty as it relates to the parts of our sight that the Accucam interfaces with. For example, any problem with the hood screws, hood, base, locking bar, or any portion of the weapon that those parts of the sight interface with will not be covered. However, the electronic, optical, and mechanical function and portions of the sight will still be covered.

If you require further clarification, please do not hesitate to call or email.

Sincerely,

Dennis Finnegan
Customer Service Manager
EOTech Inc.
3600 Green Ct. STE 400
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
(734)741-8868 x3919
(734)741-8221 fax
[email protected]

BTW Dennis Finnegan is a member here.

Nice rifle.

Seydou

Thats good to know.  However, installation of the accucam, which I have done already does not involve REMOVAL of hood.  To be painted properly, it will need to be completely removed.

Good information as I dont think the hood will "fail" the electronics would, and thanks for posting.  After I shoot it with the eotech and zero it, I am going to be painting it.  I will post a updated pic.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 4:31:21 AM EDT
[#23]
nice build brother. My build stops at your 4th pic., but I am getting there.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 5:50:32 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm thinking 9mm SBR myself.

Very nice weapon!

The only part I don't like is the bo-bo Ace stock. Nothing personal, i've just always hated the look of that stock.

WM still has 9mm for $12.88 per 100 rounds. Not too shabby!

HS1
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 6:04:04 AM EDT
[#25]
I've always wondered..how do you release the magazine if the mag block is being held in by the stock mag button?

BTW NICE rifle!
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 6:15:17 AM EDT
[#26]
I think they mean removal of the hood and using the sight without it will void the warranty.  I don't have an EOTech and have only seen them at shows, but I can't imagine taking an exterior part off voiding a warranty.

Nice build.  Did that ACE stock really use that 6-pos carbine receiver extension?  I thought they were made for A1/A2 rifle extensions.

ETA: It looks like a rifle extension in the next pic... maybe the one with the carbine extension is just misleading.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 6:36:59 AM EDT
[#27]
I so want an AR in 9mm.....
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I think they mean removal of the hood and using the sight without it will void the warranty.  I don't have an EOTech and have only seen them at shows, but I can't imagine taking an exterior part off voiding a warranty.

Nice build.  Did that ACE stock really use that 6-pos carbine receiver extension?  I thought they were made for A1/A2 rifle extensions.

ETA: It looks like a rifle extension in the next pic... maybe the one with the carbine extension is just misleading.  

I was wondering who would be the first to notice that.  You are the winner.  I had a 6 position stock for it originally and then switched to the ace, but installed it without remembering to take a pic.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I've always wondered..how do you release the magazine if the mag block is being held in by the stock mag button?

BTW NICE rifle!

It depends on the mag block that you use.  I have the Hahn dedicated mag block and it used the standard mag release that a 5.56 version would.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Very nice weapon!

The only part I don't like is the bo-bo Ace stock. Nothing personal, i've just always hated the look of that stock.

HS1

The ace shorty has a very comfortable cheek weld and is as solid as they come.  It would be the only AR stock I would attempt breach a door with, if I ever had cause to do so.  I wish it was just a smidge longer, and so does my wife.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
The ace shorty has a very comfortable cheek weld and is as solid as they come.  It would be the only AR stock I would attempt breach a door with, if I ever had cause to do so.  I wish it was just a smidge longer, and so does my wife.

Will the A2 stock extender work with it (the stock, I mean)?  

www.del-ton.com/AR_15_Stock_Extension_p/bs1044.htm
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top