Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2006 9:55:30 AM EDT
When using high rise uppers-  is it a pain in the ass to get the right scope ring? as compared to a regular flat top & you use just  standard AR15 super high rings?
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 11:00:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I second the eye relief comment... I bought both a RRA one piece mount and a Wilson Combat 1 piece to use on my flat top (not EOP) only to find that I coudn't get adequate eye relief with either.

So I then ordered a RRA Scout Rail.  Now I had the eye relief using the one piece mounts but the optic was way too high.  Then I got Burris low rings to replace the one piece mounts.  

So now with the Scout Rail and low rings I have the eye relief I need and the optic elevation is just perfect IMO.

The problem with the Elevated Platform is a Scout type rail will add about 5/8" additional height, if used, and then even low rings will put the optic way too high.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top