Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 8:22:10 PM EDT
Hello,  couldn't find what I'm after in a search so looking for feedback.  For those of you that actually own or have owned CMMG guns what are your thoughts on them?  I found what "on paper" sounds like the gun I want but don't know anyone that actually has one or even seen one.

I like the M4 w/SOCOM 14.7" w/A2 fh model.  Since I prefer heavier bullets I want a 1 in 7 barrel, this will be a k.i.s.s. gun & it seems to have everything I'm looking for.

Owners please let me know of your experiences with their product.

Thanks, doc
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Own several........all great performers.

You will be pleased w/ the 14.7 SOCOM.......
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:41:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Very big plus 1 for them. If you want a quality product and great customer care go with them. They can buld one to your speck. A1,A2 or M4 etc.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an upper from CMMG. The FSB looks shitty. The handguards look shitty. They forgot to polish the feed ramps and the bullets would get stuck on the locking lugs in the receiver extension, causing about a 90% failure to feed rate. And the finish is terrible. The finish on bolt started to wear after about 10 rounds.

I have since polished the ramps and had to remove some material from the barrel extension. It now works 100% . It is accurate too.

Would I buy one again? Yeah I would. I figure I just got a lemon- it does happen.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#4]
What color is their barrel finish? It looks gray on the website. Anybody have better pics?

eta:

Steve, how's that front strap tape holding up?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:10:15 PM EDT
[#5]
What's the difference between the SOCOM and the standard M4--- Is it heavier?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:13:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What's the difference between the SOCOM and the standard M4--- Is it heavier?

Yup, it was basically designed for heavy F/A use.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:31:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What color is their barrel finish? It looks gray on the website. Anybody have better pics?

eta:

Steve, how's that front strap tape holding up?

It's a dark satin-like gray. About the color of a brand new USGI mag.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:46:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a 14.5 midlength, I love it.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 1:56:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I have their 11.5" barrel and I'm very pleased with it. It has functioned flawlesly for thousands of rounds and gives good accuracy out to 400 meters. Finish is on par with other factory barrels, no complaints. I would buy their products again without hesitation.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:01:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have a 14.5 midlength, I love it.

i29.photobucket.com/albums/c280/HunterGren/Erik_002.jpg

That is a nice rig! I'm saving up to buy the necessary items for a 6.8 mid-length build, and I've got everything I want picked out from CMMG's website.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:24:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the great feedback guys.  20iner, as your experience indicates at some point every company has a lemon slip through-regardless of the product.

autsin nichols-that grip tape is still holding on great.  The other guys are all very happy.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:30:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have an upper from CMMG. The FSB looks shitty. The handguards look shitty. They forgot to polish the feed ramps and the bullets would get stuck on the locking lugs in the receiver extension, causing about a 90% failure to feed rate. And the finish is terrible.

I had a similar issue. I got a 14.7" upper from EE. The FSB was badly pitted, feedramps not polished, the barrel had bad visible weld marks on it, and the upper finish was very uneven. Since it was purchased off EE cheap it was a worthy investment to send it to US Anodizing They refinished the upper and reparkerized the barrel assembly, even fixing up my side sling swivel. It turned out great. They were very helpful and did their best to make it match the Bushy lower.

What ammo were you using? I was shooting cheap 45GR Varmit loads and it had a lot of extraction failure problems. Using 55GR it functions perfectly.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:33:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Got a 6.8 Upper and love it in every way,

Thanks,Keith
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top