Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2006 1:37:08 AM EDT
For my next rifle I was thinking seriously about the RRA Ace Stocks.

My question is which one should I get? I like that the shorty will keep the crabine very short and in my eyes this is also the best looking option. However, since this is non adjustable, will I be very uncomfortable shooting the short option?

If you have pics/experiences that would be great.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:13:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I recently purchased the entry model.  It is perfect when I have my vest or even a heavy coat on.  It's not at all uncomfortable to use without a vest, either.  I use an Eotech mounted on Surefire rails and I have no problems at all.

No to mention, that little stock is tough!

Just my .02

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:01:59 AM EDT
[#2]
The entry(short) A2 style stock? or the skeleton stock ARFX or ARFXE?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Freind bought a RRA carbine during the ban. He had the standard Ace stock on it. I liked it and would use one if I were building a varmint rifle.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 1:28:33 PM EDT
[#4]
i have both the entry and a1 length.  after using the entry, the longer seems uncomfortable even on my target rifle.  im 74" and have long arms.  you can always add the 1" pad if its too short for your tastes.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:14:14 AM EDT
[#5]
beutiful, thats what I was looking for. Any more pics are still apreciated. Trying to get an idea of how to put this one together.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:02:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got the shorty stock on my A4 and like it.  And most of my shooting is not done with heavy clothing and never with any kind of body armor.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:00:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a ACE Entry and sold it recently. While it did look nice and appeared durable I hated the length of pull. It was just too cramped for ME. Perhaps if I made my arms shorter I would have liked it better. I tried to keep it by adding a 1" spacer to it but it was still uncomfortable for me. I replaced it with a M93B and couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:41:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've got the shorty stock on my A4 and like it.  And most of my shooting is not done with heavy clothing and never with any kind of body armor.  

What do you mean?  You don't have the required tacvest?????????????  This is blasphemy.

Just kidding.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone know how many inches from back of lower to the butt is the Shorty Ace stock with/without Rubber butt plate?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#10]
7 1/4" and 9 7/8".
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
beutiful, thats what I was looking for. Any more pics are still apreciated. Trying to get an idea of how to put this one together.

I liked the full length one.  I'm getting ready to build another with the same type of Ace stock

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 12:43:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Old pic of the Entry Length on a 16" M4 type.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#13]
7 1/4" seems about right. I think my tele carbine stocks sets about 8 1/2.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:42:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Why not use the Socom? Very strong stock, and it's collapsible.

I use it fully extended, and i'm an avg. size guy. 6'0 190.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

those #s are no pad.  add 1/2" or 1" for recoil pad.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I have a tele stock on one of my rifles.  I want to build a new one andwas thinking these would fit the bill.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

those #s are no pad.  add 1/2" or 1" for recoil pad.

Thats perfect then 7 1/4" turns to either 7 3/4" or 8 1/4" !
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Rifle stock on a carbine.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a tele stock on one of my rifles.  I want to build a new one andwas thinking these would fit the bill.

i had heard that they were super strong.  my buddy got one.  i borrowed his lower and used it with my .50 beowulf.  stock in closed position, locked up.  the front of the tube indent mushroomed up and locked the stock in place.  took a lot of force to free it.  dont trust it now.  want to try a magpul 93b or ubr.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i had heard that they were super strong.  my buddy got one.  i borrowed his lower and used it with my .50 beowulf.  stock in closed position, locked up.  the front of the tube indent mushroomed up and locked the stock in place.  took a lot of force to free it.  dont trust it now.  want to try a magpul 93b or ubr.

Which stock are you refering to that bent? The Carbine telescoping stock or the ACE Skeleton. If the adjustable, which manufacture?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#21]
how about a SOCOM

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:30:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I want a Fixed Stock for this build.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:47:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Love my SOCOM as well.  However, mine has become a bit ratty & hard to adjust with use.  The locking channels in the top of the tube have become chewed up by the set screws, making the stock a bit hard to pull back.  I don't often adjust mine, so it isn't too much of a problem.  As to the skeleton stock, I definitely like the longer one better, but I am tall and have long arms.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:44:41 AM EDT
[#24]
I got this one off of the EE. It came with buffer and spring and was a snap to install. I like it much more than the factory stock. It makes the front end a little heavy but it is much more comfortable than the stock unit.
This is my predator rifle. It is a n Olympic Arms K16 and it shoots like a dream and is very accurate. I have an Armalite 1 piece scope mount on the way and that should finish off the rifle nicely.

Hope this helps
Trashcan

edit: Does it count if it's my sons toes in the pic instead of mine?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#25]

I get a great cheek weld with the standard length.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 1:31:06 PM EDT
[#26]
ARRRRRGH I actually realy like both of the last two rifles. Now Im going to have to get both!!

Trashcan how long is that bull barrel?

edit: Have you ever put a bipod on it? Would it be appropriate?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#27]
fourtyfive4life,  the barrel  is a 16" bull barrel. I don't  know about the bipod question because the shooting I do with it is pretty rapid in dense West Texas brush country so a bipod is just extra weight. I switched the single rail gas block for a four rail, swapped the trigger guard for a RRA winter trigger guard, got a trigger job done, and added a Daniel Defense sling mount for carrying to and from stands. The rifle itself shoots like a dream and at the 800 rd. count I still can't figure out why people still bash Olympic Arms. Great rifle at a good price if you ask me. Here is 5 rounds at 90yds. at the 250 rd count mark with 55gr soft point blue box Black Hills ammo.

Here is a crow I tagged at 124 yds. and yes, I was aiming for the head.

Oly bashers can stick it up the ol' tan track.
Trashcan
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#28]
well if you buy the entry model and its to short you can always buy the 1" butt pad to gain an extra 1/2". just an idea.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#29]
I purchased the entry one for my 9mm SBR build. I just sold it. I am a short fat guy with short arms and it still was to short for me. I really liked the stock and how it was put together, but it just didn't feel right. Talk about nose to charge handle.

I even bought the Oly verticle grip with the same foam type grip. Down the road I may do a varmit build with the longer one.

Recently I've been on a Magpul kick. I told my buddy that I'd never spend that kind of money on a stock. Oh well. He's the one who told me that he'd never spend over $1K for any gun. Yep, how much did he spend on his supressed SBR? Let's just say a bit more than $1K. This coming from the guy who a little over two years ago had never shot a gun. I'm a bad influence!

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top