Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2006 6:00:40 PM EDT
Hi All--

This is not meant to be disrespectful to the Navy guys in any way, my Grandfather and uncles all were career Navy. But I was doing some research on Naval Academy Sports and found this picture of their Competitive Combat Team.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/M45/TG3.jpg

link:

http://www.usna.edu/combat/teamgallery.htm

I just find it disturbing that these young men aren't using basic gun safey fundamentals for their class picture. Please sound off if you agree or not.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 6/19/2006 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#1]
at least they have good trigger discipline....
Link Posted: 6/19/2006 6:04:49 PM EDT
[#2]
While even pointing at the ground near someone isn't exactly good muzzle discipline... they could very well not be pointing the muzzles at anyone in particular. The lack of depth perception in the photo doesnt help prove anything really.

Only two that look fishy to me are the two on the outside with AR's.
Link Posted: 6/20/2006 12:00:47 AM EDT
[#3]
It's the military... if you don't like being muzzle swept it's not for U !

Seriously though.. it is just a posed pic with safed unloaded guns and they could easily be holding them at port arms and still be possibly pointing it at someones head. The only two guys that look like the may have muzzles pointed at them are the guys with the MP5's.
Link Posted: 6/20/2006 7:25:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's the military... if you don't like being muzzle swept it's not for U ! hug.gif.

Lol! Thats true!

I just thought it was odd because they are a competive team rather than just some guys out in the bush back from 12 days of recon. By my count, using the stairs and common sense as a guide, If all the weapons ADed right at the moment that pic was taken there would be no less than seven wounded/dead sailors.

...and the kneeling guy on the front right would have his nuts vaporized.

Link Posted: 6/20/2006 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#5]
i'm sorry (no offence to any navy), but that pic just does not look right--it just looks goofy...i think its the dress whites

and the dude, 3rd from left, is about to get 2 to the back of the head
Link Posted: 6/20/2006 9:53:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Nothing will help that pic... it's just gay with the Dress whites, they should have taken the pic when they were in a field uniform....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top