Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 9:15:24 PM EDT
I narrowed down my upper choices to CMMG, BCM, and LMT.

However, I need help with a couple of other parts in terms of quality so I can start my build.

1) Who make thes best quality a2 stock with the least wiggle ? I hate it when things wiggle
   Is it RRA, Stag, etc ?

2) Who make the best quality 6 position stock with the least wiggle ?

3) Who makes the best quality signle stage trigger ?
   I have heard stag is really good for these, any other opinions

4) WHo makes the best quality 2 stage trigger ?
   Is it LMT, RRA or CHip McCormick vs Geissele ?

Sorry for all the questions. I'll post pics of my build when it's done.

thanks guys
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:35:52 AM EDT
[#1]
1 & 2)  Every stock wiggles.

3) JP Enterprises for drop in/self install.  Accuracy Speaks for everything else.

4) Accuracy Speaks

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic
249th MP Detachment (EACF)
Camp Humphreys, ROK

86 days 'til I go back to the real Army!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:50:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I narrowed down my upper choices to CMMG, BCM, and LMT.

However, I need help with a couple of other parts in terms of quality so I can start my build.

1) Who make thes best quality a2 stock with the least wiggle ? I hate it when things wiggle
   Is it RRA, Stag, etc ?

YMMV, but I have never owned an AR15 w/ an A2 stock that was NOT tight (no wiggle, unless installed improperly).

2) Who make the best quality 6 position stock with the least wiggle ?

Your into the high dollar VLTOR and other stocks now IF "no-wiggle" is your desire, most standard M4 collapsible stocks have some wiggle to them

3) Who makes the best quality signle stage trigger ?
   I have heard stag is really good for these, any other opinions

I use the stock triggers from Bushmaster, Colt and others, simply performed a 15-minute trigger job on them, smoothing and lightening them.

4) WHo makes the best quality 2 stage trigger ?
   Is it LMT, RRA or CHip McCormick vs Geissele ?

For 2-stage I prefer Jewell.

Sorry for all the questions. I'll post pics of my build when it's done.

thanks guys

Good luck w/ your build.

Mike

ETA - forgot to mention I own M4s from all 3 of your choices, CMMG, LMT and BCM, they are all excellent rifles and shooters and all shoot the 77 and 75 grn rounds excellently.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:57:30 AM EDT
[#3]
1) An A2 stock shouldn't wiggle.  If it is properly attached, it should be rock solid.  My Magpul PRS feels even more solid.

2) My LMT Sopmod stock has very little wiggle.  It is a 5 position, but it has no rattle.  Magpul M93B also does not wiggle.  

3) Best single stage?  JP Enterprises

4) Best quality 2 stage?  KAC, Geissele, LMT, RRA.... all of them are pretty nice, IMO.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:03:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
2) My LMT Sopmod stock has very little wiggle.  It is a 5 position, but it has no rattle.  Magpul M93B also does not wiggle.  

I have a couple of the LMT SOPMOD Stocks and they have zero play in them. I'd highly recommend one

But mine are 4 position - not 5

cannot speak to the other issues other than saying you have narrowed it down to 3 companies that all are very good

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top