Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 3:39:38 PM EDT
Or, with the short barrel, is it simply a .22 in an overly large package?

This is the senario:

Weapon - 10-11.5 inch barrel on an A3 upper.
Situation - Urban setting. No clear shots over 100 yards.

Is it worth having one? Or, is there really any advantage over a nice Glock 19?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#1]
personally, i dont see any advantages for an AR pistol

huge muzzle blash and flash; lots of unburned powder (not attaining sufficient velocity), poor ballistics, etc

i'd stick w/ the G19

h/w, if you have a SBRed 11.5in AR w/ a good FH, it will still make a reasonalbly formidable and easier to control CQB platform over a AR pistol
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#2]
As long as you pay attention to what kind of ammo you use it will work fine.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:46:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What type of ammo shold one use ?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Cartridges loaded with bullets listed in the ammo forum FAQ
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What type of ammo shold one use ?

If he will be using a 10.5" then any 77 or 75 grain OTM should work very well, I believe they will fragment out to around 50 yards, maybe a little more. Any barrel under 10.5" won't get any bullet up to the proper speed, and if you have a choice, get an 11.5" you'll gain extra velocity without a noticible gain in length; but if it is a pistol and not a SBR, then balence will suffer.

If it was me I would skip an AR pistol and go with a 14.5" M4 type or if you have the money and patience, go with an 11.5" SBR. And remember to get the 75 or 77 grain ammo, for best results, also get a 1 in 7" twist so you can stabilize the longer bullets, some 1/9's, like mine will stabilize them, but it is doubtful from an 11.5" 1/9.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#6]
The guy in Clear and Present Danger owned with an AR-15 pistol, of course its a viable option, hollywood says so..........
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:04:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Punching armor.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top