Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 9:10:02 AM EDT
Hey all,
I've pretty much decided to "move on" from my A4-gery and get a "dissy" type upper.  Now it appears I have two choices.

Choice #1  ADCO Cruiser carbine upper www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=339056

Choice #2 CMMG M10M upper.  From CMMG's site..."New 16" M10M upper. This upper is built around the M10 multi-role barrel and comes with a mid-length gas system, mil-spec full length handguards, and is complete with bolt, carrier and charging handle. CMMG semi auto bolt carriers have the shrouded firing pin to protect against hammer wear. Upper receivers are "T" marked and include extended feed ramp cuts. Features include medium contour barrel, 11 degree recessed target crown, triangle handguard cap, chrome-lined 5.56mm chamber and bore, 1/7 twist, parkerizing under “F” marked forged front sight base and magnetic particle testing on every barrel. When ordering with optional gas block, barrels will not be drilled for taper pins. Barrel is marked CMMG MPC 5.56 NATO 1/7."

Now this would be for range blastin', maybe 3-gun type, HD etc.  
I like that they're both middies and they have permanent FSB in the rifle position.  I like that the CMMG is chrome lined, but I like the accuracy potential of the ADCO.  The thing is, this wouldn't be scoped (either my TA31F or EOThing 552 would go on it) since I'm planning a "precision" build later so I don't know if the accuracy potential of the ADCO would get realized.  Also would the FSB be noticed if I were to scope it?

Essentially, this would end up looking like a A4-gery, but cut down.

NO, I can't "get both", so which one would you choose ?  If anyone owns either (or even both...this IS ARFCOM  after all) some input would be appreciated.

Rich
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:27:22 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks man!

So the differences between the stainless and chrome (as far as barrel life, a nd durability goes) are negligible?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#3]
anyone else?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top