BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/26/2006 6:35:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:58:18 AM EDT
[#1]
No.

They can be found with 2 minutes of searching.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:09:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No.

I already know what they look like and what the differences are, .  I'm looking for a picture of an M16 carrier that was delivered in a factory AR in unmodified form (full length circular extension).
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:12:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No.

I already know what they look like and what the differences are, .  I'm looking for a picture of an M16 carrier that was delivered in a factory AR in unmodified form (full length circular extension).

How do you plan to verify that the picture you're looking at is of a factory delivered unit?  I mean, what's to stop me from showing you a pic of the underside of my M16 upper? And for that matter, how do you plan to verify that the carrier shown is original?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:14:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No.

How do you plan to verify that the picture you're looking at is of a factory delivered unit?  I mean, what's to stop me from showing you a pic of the underside of my M16 upper? And for that matter, how do you plan to verify that the carrier shown is original?

Obviously it isn't possible to verify anything.  This is the internet, afterall.  But I asked an honest question, so why would somebody bother with deception?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:14:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No.

Came straight out of an M16 that was delivered in factory AR in umodified form.

I swear.........................................................................
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No.

Came straight out of an M16 that was delivered in factory AR in umodified form.

www.ar15.com/content/legal/ar15-m16parts/boltCarrier.gif

I swear.........................................................................

What?  All I want is for somebody to take the factory bolt carrier out of their factory complete semi-auto AR15, and show me that it is in fact an M16 carrier.  Like I said, I know what the differences are; I don't need a photographic comparison.  I just want somebody to back up the claim that Colt and others have delivered AR's with unmodified M16 carriers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:22:10 AM EDT
[#7]
stock photo

my photo- carrier taken straight out of a factory Colt LE6920

HTH
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:25:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
stock photo

img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/redfisher19/9ebf593a.jpg

my photo- carrier taken straight out of a factory Colt LE6920

img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/redfisher19/coltm16boltcarrier.jpg

HTH

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for.  Can somebody also show me a picture of a carrier from a non-LE Colt, like one of the recent Match Targets?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:31:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
 Can somebody also show me a picture of a carrier from a non-LE Colt, like one of the recent Match Targets?

This one came from another LE 6920 purchased in September 2004 and is the semi carrier that would come in most 'other Colts"

On the left is the Colt, the other is a Bushmaster carrier

Colt bottom Bushmaster top

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:08:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Until very recently we ONLY offered m16 carriers in our weapons.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:19:05 AM EDT
[#11]
So would be safe to say that unmodified M16 carriers are only being provided with LE rifles, and Colt's civilian market rifles still have a shortened or semi-circular extension?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:54:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Who is "we."
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
So would be safe to say that unmodified M16 carriers are only being provided with LE rifles, and Colt's civilian market rifles still have a shortened or semi-circular extension?

I think that I see where this is leading.

LE has no more right than a civilian to use M16 parts in a semi-auto rifle. If it is legal for them, it is legal for us.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#14]
My 6520 has an M16 carrier.  So does every 6520 bought within the last year or two...or nearly so.

Here's the most HILARIOUS THING: one of my best friends was just issued a GM Hydramatic M16 as his Patrol Rifle for AZ DPS.......they took out the Auto Sear, they took out the FA Disconnector and replaced it with an AR15 disconnector......AND THEY GAVE HIM A FULLY NUETERED BOLT!!!!

You oughta see this GM......it has been around the block......ABOUT TWO THOUSAND TIMES.

and we could both still ring a 300 yard gong with authority with that beat up M16
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LE has no more right than a civilian to use M16 parts in a semi-auto rifle. If it is legal for them, it is legal for us.

That is not exactly true.  In the case of privately purchased weapons, there is no difference.  However, there is a world of difference between what a department can issue as a patrol weapon and what a civilian can purchase.  

I'm not really going anywhere profound with this.  Just taking a little sample.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't think so....A police department can't just go buy machine guns or suddenly have machine guns.  There are probably different rules but I believe NFA rules still apply.  If not every Podunk 2 member PD would have thompsons, BARs,M240s and howitzers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 Can somebody also show me a picture of a carrier from a non-LE Colt, like one of the recent Match Targets?

This one came from another LE 6920 purchased in September 2004 and is the semi carrier that would come in most 'other Colts"

On the left is the Colt, the other is a Bushmaster carrier

img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/redfisher19/Bolts2671x503.jpg

Colt bottom Bushmaster top

img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/redfisher19/Bolts3671x503.jpg

My LE 6920 has the same carrier, as the one you pictured. Guess I didn't get the M16 bolt/carrier.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is not exactly true.  In the case of privately purchased weapons, there is no difference.  However, there is a world of difference between what a department can issue as a patrol weapon and what a civilian can purchase.  

They could not legally add an M16 bolt carrier any more than we could. Granted, they are allowed full-auto, but they have to go by the same NFA process as a civilian and have them transferred to the department. But these LE rifles are not NFA items, therefore they are treated as civilian rifles. M16 bolt carriers are legal for them in their semi-auto rifles, thus legal for us. I hope this is easy to follow.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is "we."

That would be Matt, from Leitner-Wise--------> LINK and Another link to their Forum here

"The Piston-AR People"
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Also, my Colt 6920 came with a M16 carrier - as did pretty much every single one I have handled in the past few years.

This came up a while back and the conventional wisdom was that Colt began in earnest installing the M16 carriers around February/March 2005.

The one I have that came with the semi carrier is a 16xxxxx serial number.

edit: it was a 16xxxxx s/n
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top