of just going with a crowned muzzle. Any thoughts on
this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
 Sean  

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Troy Industries makes a nice MB ( troyind.com/optical_mounting_platform.htm ) works well, cant tell the difference between it an a A2 on sound.

Really comes down to what you want but a crowned muzzle, i.e. plain is very clean looking and if you move outta state/they strike down the AWB here you can get it turned and threaded.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:44:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I live in NY also and have AR's with and without the brake. I have an HBAR and 16" M4 (11 degree crown) profile with no brake, an AK brake, a mini Y, and two Izzy Brakes. I notice a slight decrease in muzzle bounce with the brakes, but not that much. The Izzy seems smoother than the rest, but slight. The Mini Y is by far the loudest by a wide margin, no doubt.

That said I really prefer the look of the of some kind of brake on the front. I hate the thought of "fake things" on my rifles, but the mock suppressor on my M&A barrel with 11 degree crown has grown on me some. It is really up to what you like.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I wanted to mount a brake on a 16" post-ban AR.  I live in Connecticut where flash suppressors are still banned unless the rifle is pre-ban.

I was thinking of the Bushmaster Izzy brake, unless someone knows of another one that is much better.

Does anyone know the name of the brake on the Barrett M468?  I wonder why they mounted a brake rather than a modified Vortex on a rifle intended for the military....
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I think a good muzzle brake is much better than a bare muzzle.

There are many good designs out there and many bad designs.

My current favorite is the MSTN QC Comp.  I'm not sure if it's "post ban" legal or not, you may want to check with Wes at www.mstn.biz

Here are a couple reviews I did of different muzzle brakes during the AWB:

www.coloradoshooting.org/muzzle.htm

EGW's AR15 A2 flash hider muzzle brake (it is post ban legal)

www.coloradoshooting.org/egw.htm

Good luck

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone have experience with the Phantom brake?  I'm also in CT, so no flash hiders for me.  Here's a link for those who don't know what I'm asking about.

Phantom Muzzle Brake
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:05:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top