Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 10:31:22 PM EDT
I went out shooting with some new guys today and was totally impressed by the bump firing by one of the members. Each burst was controlled and aimed from the shoulder. He could fire 3-round bursts or higher.

He is using a Oly Arms set but are there any other brands that some of you get good results from?

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:21:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:58:23 AM EDT
[#2]
RDIAS

eta: LL / RR  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
RDIAS

Thats what I thought..  My RR M-16 works preyy well..
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Hell, that's what I thought he had in his rifle. I have fired many M16's and would have NEVER guessed that he was bump-firing.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:21:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
He is using a Oly Arms set

How appropriate.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:27:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He is using a Oly Arms set

How appropriate.

This ought to piss you off Markm... Oly AND KNS Pins!!!!!  

Im goin straight to the 5th level of hell for owning this.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:30:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Do the two stage match triggers make this much easier to do?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#8]
light, crisp, smooth triggers, are a good start

also adjust the trigger over travel with a srew or something so they is no extra travel, and then just practice take awhile to beable to do a whole mag, good luck
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:35:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

This ought to piss you off Markm... Oly AND KNS Pins!!!!!  

Im goin straight to the 5th level of hell for owning this.

Oh Snap! All you need is the Magpul Ranger plate and enhanced trigger guard!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#11]
it is real easy with my RRA two stage
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
it is real easy with my RRA two stage

I've seen/done it with Geissele single and two stage....
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:02:29 PM EDT
[#13]
You know, eith all the bump firing questions you'd think that a moderator would tack a thread for it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You know, eith all the bump firing questions you'd think that a moderator would tack a thread for it.

I'd prefer to make mention of it a bannable offense.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This ought to piss you off Markm... Oly AND KNS Pins!!!!!  ht

Oh Snap! All you need is the Magpul Ranger plate and enhanced trigger guard!

Now that's funny!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:03:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd prefer to make mention of it a bannable offense.

Bump firing, yeah thats something worth perfecting. Its so useful in real world situations, I odnt know how anybody can get along without doing it.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Bump firing, yeah thats something worth perfecting. Its so useful in real world situations, I odnt know how anybody can get along without doing it.

Of course... because EVERYBODY should wait exactly 3.5 seconds per trigger pull

I am glad that I am NOT in a real world situation when I am plinking in the desert. When I was in the Army, I had a rifle for real world situations... now that I am not, I have bump-firing to perfect

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:19:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am glad that I am NOT in a real world situation when I am plinking in the desert. When I was in the Army, I had a rifle for real world situations... now that I am not, I have bump-firing to perfect

I would pay good money to see somebody actually make a 5 shot, no wait 3 shot bump firing that can make a 5" group at 50 yds. If I ever see it I'll agree it MIGHT actually be worth practicing. Until then I'll continue my semi-auto rapid fire shots every 1-2 seconds.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I would pay good money to see somebody actually make a 5 shot, no wait 3 shot bump firing that can make a 5" group at 50 yds.

How much  

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would pay good money to see somebody actually make a 5 shot, no wait 3 shot bump firing that can make a 5" group at 50 yds.

How much  

thanks,
Ron

I'll make it $100. Come to NY and show me!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

yeah.. yeah.. whatever..

So anyways on to the original question. Is there a diagram or schematic somewhere that demonstrates hammer over-travel?

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would pay good money to see somebody actually make a 5 shot, no wait 3 shot bump firing that can make a 5" group at 50 yds. If I ever see it I'll agree it MIGHT actually be worth practicing. Until then I'll continue my semi-auto rapid fire shots every 1-2 seconds.

1-2 seconds?  You can do better than that.  That's a bit slow for "aimed rapid fire."  We qualify with our pistols 2 rounds in three seconds.  That's the state PD bare minimum standard for one of the qual. stages...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah.. yeah.. whatever..

So anyways on to the original question. Is there a diagram or schematic somewhere that demonstrates hammer over-travel?

thanks,
Ron

Ok, post a video online and we'll see.  Anybody who claims to put up any kind of groups bump firing on the paper is full of:

bump firing is a waste of time. Only proves how fast you can shoot. Serves no real prupose whatsoever. Learn to shoot decent rapid fire groups and you might have something to brag about.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1-2 seconds?  You can do better than that.  That's a bit slow for "aimed rapid fire."  We qualify with our pistols 2 rounds in three seconds.  That's the state PD bare minimum standard for one of the qual. stages...

Yes, I was being generous.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Ok, post a video online and we'll see.  Anybody who claims to put up any kind of groups bump firing on the paper is full of:

bump firing is a waste of time. Only proves how fast you can shoot. Serves no real prupose whatsoever. Learn to shoot decent rapid fire groups and you might have something to brag about.

Ok, how about this?

Various bump videos

I regularly shoot with multiple m-16s on either side of me.  I can "group" as well as any of them.  Take a look at the last 15 rounds of the first video clip.  Watch the center torso of the target open up to where you can see daylight through it.  It can be done.

Remember, fully automatic fire is really only useful as a suppressing tool and as you can see, I can put large amounts of fire down into a small area on demand.  

Just a note........we put a 30 round mag on the electronic timer on Sunday using my "Fast" upper. (yes, uppers make a difference)  It timed out at a ROF of 929 RPM!!

Doc, the next time we are out, lets practice.  We will use one of my 9mm ARs.  They are absolutley the easiest to learn on.  I have taught several people easily using the 9.  

Sorry you had to run off on Sunday.   Several more guys showed up after you left and we had a good time in spite of the shitty weather.  I am busy next weekend but I'm sure we will be shooting the following weekend.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So, this is this your version of "RAPID FIRE"...    BANG! one mississippi..two mississippi.. BANG!?

Pretty rapid there old fella.... next thing you will telling me that if God wanted us fly, he would have given us wings.

This is starting to remind me of those old SNL skits with Dana Carvey..."When we were young, we didn't have shoes... we had bloody nubs, and we LIKED it"

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Ok, how about this?

Various bump videos

All I can say is...

This is THE man that convinced me bump firing is GOOD thing  

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
This is THE man that convinved me bump firing is GOOD thing  

thanks,
Ron

Wow, that was easy.  We hardly spent any time together before you had to jet!  Next time we will do it right.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:44:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah.. yeah.. whatever..

thanks,
Ron

JP triggers are excellent in this regard, the trigger has set screws that let you take up creep & stop overtravel to a bare minimum.  Total trigger movement is about 1/16th"

get the full package for the full "bullet hose" effect

expensive but easy install.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a stock bushy trigger with 15 min trigger job.

I can control bump from the shoulder all day with a certain degree of accuracy.

If you want to put your own balls in a vice worrying about OTHER people's range time and what they do with it, FUCK OFF.

So sit back, and feel better about yourself knowing that other people are "wasting their ammo".
Maybe you can amend The Constitution to say "the right of the people to keep and bear arms only in controled rapid fire, shall not be infringed."

Some people make me sick. Ya'll are a bunch of pussies.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Not the smartest thing to do to your trigger, hack job.I can control bump from the shoulder all day with a certain degree of accuracy.
ORLY
If you want to put your own balls in a vice worrying about OTHER people's range time and what they do with it, FUCK OFF.

So sit back, and feel better about yourself knowing that other people are "wasting their ammo".
Maybe you can amend The Constitution to say "the right of the people to keep and bear arms only in controled rapid fire, shall not be infringed."
So it is OK if you bump and "waste" ammo?

Oh, and it's "Y'ALL"

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I don't particularly care what you do with your weapons.
However, I can say that bumpfiring is as stupid as tapco stocks on an SKS.
Also to pretend it is a useful skill, is just as silly.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

What did you to the trigger? I am sorry to be bugging so much but Rick just enlightened me to a whole new world (without spending $10,000+ for an M16) and can't wait until this weekend.

BTW...... tell him how your really feel

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Not to be rude, then WHY even post in this thread? This thread was not titled WHAT DO YOU THINK OF BUMP FIRING... it wasn't IS THIS WASTING AMMO?..... is wasn't GIVE YOUR OPINIONS ON LIFE AND BUMPFIRING..... nor was it IS 2 SECONDS BETWEEN SHOTS CONSIDERED RAPID FIRE?

The thread is titled WHICH TRIGGER IS BEST FOR BUMP FIRING Start a thread called I HATE BUMP FIRING and I promise I won't go in there and try and convince you that you should bump fire.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:06:59 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not the smartest thing to do to your trigger, hack job.I can control bump from the shoulder all day with a certain degree of accuracy.
ORLY

So it is OK if you bump and "waste" ammo?

Oh, and it's "Y'ALL"

Why the hell would I lie?

A lot of people do the 15 min trigger job. But since you've only been here a year, I don't expect you to know what the 15 minute trigger job is. n00b.

There are at least 3 members here that have seen me bump from the shoulder with accuracy. So take what little you know about ARs and go to hell.

ETA: And yes it is OK to waste ammo. Shoot it, burn it, stick it in your ass, I don't care. It's not my property. I tend to value individual freedom.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:29:53 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Not to be rude, then WHY even post in this thread? This thread was not titled WHAT DO YOU THINK OF BUMP FIRING... it wasn't IS THIS WASTING AMMO?..... is wasn't GIVE YOUR OPINIONS ON LIFE AND BUMPFIRING..... nor was it IS 2 SECONDS BETWEEN SHOTS CONSIDERED RAPID FIRE?

The thread is titled WHICH TRIGGER IS BEST FOR BUMP FIRING Start a thread called I HATE BUMP FIRING and I promise I won't go in there and try and convince you that you should bump fire.

thanks,
Ron

What's the name of that prodigy song? Oh yeah, it's Smack my Bitch up! Nicely put!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

However, I can say that bumpfiring is as stupid as tapco stocks on an SKS.
Also to pretend it is a useful skill, is just as silly.

Glad to hear its not just me.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:33:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Bump firing is no more a waste of ammo than FA fire from any FA weapon.  I have seen people that can bump fire from the shoulder with better accuracy than a noob firing an M16 FA for the first time.  Bumping is a skill that can be perfected.  I've tried it perhaps 3 times ever and perhaps got a burst of 5 rnds at most.

Why people get their nuts in a twist over it is way beyond me.... probably the same type of people that think shooting tannerite is a waste of time and money.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#40]
DC223 asked a valid question and got, from some, their idea of practicality and what's, in their mind anyway, a waste of ammo ect.

Geez... I thought bump firing was just about having fun, something different, you know... a hoot.

Lighten up ladies and unwad those painties!

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top