Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 9:38:05 AM EDT
Building up a lightest possible weight carbine for my 9 year old to get started on (w/a .22 conversion unit)  Bushie's featherweight 16incher would be just fine, but I'm hoping to save a few bucks w/an aftermarket supplier.

Before I call Bushie on Monday, does anyone know of an aftermarket source that would have either Bushie or an equivalent quality brand 1 in 9 twist chrome lined barrel, at a good price??
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:43:13 AM EDT
[#1]
If you like to DIY, try JT distributing. That is where I got my pencil, chrome lined barrel. Very happy with it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out ar15barrels.com
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#3]
It's not chrome lined, but I recently got one from DPMS.  Very nice barrel.  Looks good and is everything I wanted.  I paid about $165 brand new.  I looked into the Bushmaster barrel and everywhere I asked they were all backordered or allocated.  Hope this helps.

Regards,
PatG.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I just bought that same profile from mapartsinc.com.  I got a pre-ban A3 upper with a lightweight barrel.  

Their stuff is made from Wilson blanks, cut by LMT (Lewis Machine and Tool).

read this:  http://www.mapartsinc.com/anything.asp

I've got a POF-USA Predator 12X rail that I'm going to install on this upper.  I'm going to chop the front sight down to a low profile gas block to get it to slip underneath the rail.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Oly has a 16" featherweight barrel and a 16" M4 government profile barrel.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:07:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I got an bushy lightweight complete barrel with handguard 4 sale, [email protected]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top