Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 3:39:46 AM EDT
Allright, I want to get my first rifle... but I am a college student and feel the HUGE financial weight of going to a private enginnering University. Nevertheless I want to purchase a rifle, nothing will stop me.

I just recently started to think about assembling the rifle from different manufacturers parts, untill now I was deadset on the bushy Vee or Predator... which are still possibilities.

Heres a little shopping list I whipped up at four in the morning when a dream about this rifle woke me up:

Upper - WOA Complete upper with SPR barrel - Approx 650$
Lower - Bushy Complete lower Less buttstock - Approx 250$
Stock - Magpul PRS                                            - Approx 250$
Grip   - Tactical                                                   - Approx 70$

Total - 1220$

And I still need a muzzlebreak or other things I have forgotten due to my ultimate newbness.

Please give me an idea for how this pricing should work and if I can possibly expect to spend less. I will be recieving a quote for the Bushy rifles today so it might be hard to go with this custom setup... but I would really like to emulate the SPR rifle, I think with the WOA upper and barrel this custom gun will reach out and touch more paper for me....

scope - Monarch 6.5x20x44 - Thats given, almost picked it up yesterday... plus rings.... I dont really want to be looking at 2000$ for my first rifle...

Help me out masters of the black rifle, you have spread your addiction once again.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:11:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Well since noone replied I bought the WOA upper... my SPR will be assembled in 4 weeks. I will post pics then.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Where did you pick up the WOA Upper from?

Here are some of my suggestions. It seems like you have a budget in mind but dont want to sacrafice too much. Keeping that in mind, here are some of my suggestions.

Are you sure you really want the PRS Stock? Its big, Bulky and expensive. Yes, it is a well made quality product but at the end of the day a standard A2 Buttstock serves the same purpose and is a hell of alot cheaper.

I once owned the Nikon Monarch UUC 6.5-20X44 which sat on top of my Remington PSS. I sold it because It was heavy, didnt have any mil-dots (which are vital if you REALLY want to learn the concept of long range marksmanship and too much for what i needed. If you are looking for an SPR setup, 6.5-20 is much, much more than you will need. anything fixed or variable from 4-14x is plenty of magnification. Saying that, i would suggest you check out SWFA's Super Sniper scopes in the 10x42, 16x42 or 20x42 configuration. They run under $300 and everyone who ones own gives it high praise. Spend the money you save on a quality one piece mount or quality rings. You will want High or Extra high rings so that you can get all the MOA you need at those really long distances. Have fun
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:28:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I called WOA and they had 1 20" barrel left that they would stick on their predesigned upper assembly. They are painting it black for me, and the overall price was A LOT better than I expected to pay.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:08:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Upper - CMT complete M4 upper - Approx $95
Barrel - WOA 18" SPR - Approx $260 + $45 for Gunkote
Lower - CMT complete lower less stock - Approx $170
Stock - Magpul PRS - Approx 250$
Grip - Tactical - Approx 70$

Total: $890

The above setup saves you $330
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#5]
i would have contacted adcofirearms.com
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top