Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 11:22:32 PM EDT
Any advantage to these other than longer site radius?

I assume dissipator means it does something else?

Upper model I am looking at are + $65 USD for the dissipator mod, worth it?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:26:22 PM EDT
[#1]
depending on where its coming from.

some places are like bushmaster's where its just a longer sight radius with a low profile gas block under the handguards

some like cmmg and custom builds have longer gas systems as well as sight radius which helps with the actual functioning of the rifle.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:32:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
depending on where its coming from.Model 1 sales

some places are like bushmaster's where its just a longer sight radius with a low profile gas block under the handguards

some like cmmg and custom builds have longer gas systems as well as sight radius which helps with the actual functioning of the rifle.

I am an AK fan so I am accustomed to short site radius but if for the same length of weapon the radius can be longer that is a definite go.

I will have to ask that in my call to them tommorrow, unless you could clarify?  

Their uppers will eat Wolf and Barnhaul right?

Also with the 16' Dissys thier was not a rail option on handguard is that a problem?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:24:39 AM EDT
[#3]
probably just a gasblock under the handguards with a none functioning fsb.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:12:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Bump for more.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#5]
on the 16" bushy dissipator I believe that you can put a mid-length railed handguard on it.  MI has some great rails that are sturdy and actually MIL-SPEC (Even height with upper reciever rail on A3)
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:10:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
on the 16" bushy dissipator I believe that you can put a mid-length railed handguard on it.  MI has some great rails that are sturdy and actually MIL-SPEC (Even height with upper reciever rail on A3)

thats incorrect. they have rifle length handguards.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top