BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/7/2006 12:36:31 AM EDT
Anyone know why they wouldn't want to advertise on here? Seems like they (Colt) have a strong following here. They are a major player in the AR world.

Curious to hear what you guys think.

Don't think I've seen DPMS or OLY advertise here either (I could be wrong).

I think RRA just barely started advertising here.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:46:21 AM EDT
[#1]
We, as lowly individuals, are not worthy of Colt's management's attention at this time despite what management has stated in the past. The Gov't (military and police) are the only ones' who are deemed important enough to warrant any attention from the almighty Colt.

but they do make a fine rifle
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:49:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Do a search on this it was brought up recently why OLY isnt on here.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:11:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
We, as lowly individuals, are not worthy of Colt's management's attention at this time despite what management has stated in the past. The Gov't (military and police) are the only ones' who are deemed important enough to warrant any attention from the almighty Colt.

you know this line of thinking is getting tired.

Colt doesn't do much advertising at all, and what they do is targeted to their biggest target audiences. Not unlike any other business.

Bushmaster and other companies like them also target their largest audiences..........which are civilian sales.

But somehow I think you knew that and hoped to drum up another Colt blanket-party.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:16:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Colt doesn't do much advertising at all, and what they do is targeted to their biggest target audiences. Not unlike any other business.

Bushmaster and other companies like them also target their largest audiences..........which are civilian sales.

But somehow I think you knew that and hoped to drum up another Colt blanket-party.

But...............Colt blanket parties are fun!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:19:07 AM EDT
[#5]
It's already started, you probably can't stop it now.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#6]
When you sell most everything you make... you don't advertise very much.
When you sell to those who determine what they buy through competitive bid, you don't advertise too much.
When you sell in large quantities to agencies that do much of their own testing....  you don't advertise too much.

Advertising is for the creation of brand awareness.....  who hasn't heard of Colt.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:33:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Why would they?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#8]
No need to - there are already a bunch of tards with Colt marketing materials in their avatars and signatures.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#9]
"Why" and "Colt" in the same sentence, might as well bash your head on concrete.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
"Why" and "Colt" in the same sentence, might as well bash your head on concrete.

Yep. "Why" would anybody even want a "Colt" anyways.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#11]
The "Horsey" gives me NO wood

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Advertising is for the creation of brand awareness..... who hasn't heard of Colt.

Who hasn't heard of most anything advertisied on TV? Toyota? McDonalds? They advertise to MAINTAIN their market share and/or to promote new or improved products.

Colt has clearly lost interest in the civy market and a whole new generation is now shooting a host of 1911's from anybody but Colt. Ditto for their revolvers, single and double action. As for new and improved products....boy I wish I had bought one of those All American 2000 pistols when they did give a crap about us. LOL!

YMMV
Bill who owns Colt but doesn't wave their flag.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:37:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

An overpriced used product from a nearly bankrupt company that is in no way superior to its competition and apparently does not make new rifles for civilian sale?  One wonders?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:56:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I do remember the Edsel.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:04:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:06:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
An overpriced used product from a nearly bankrupt company that is in no way superior to its competition and apparently does not make new rifles for civilian sale?  One wonders?

Obviously Colt doesn't make any new rifles for civilian sale, that's why no one on this board has one.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Their profits are so high due to raping their customers, they don't need to advertise here.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
No need to - there are already a bunch of tards with Colt marketing materials in their avatars and signatures.

Tards?

That's a little harsh isn't it?

.........at least I contribute to the site enough for the privilege to have an avitar.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#19]
When you go bankrupt every year every dollar counts
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A blanket party? No. Actually I love Colt products and own quite a bit of it. In my opinion it is the standard by which all others are judged. But I am old enough to remember the days when Colt DID advertise in magazines, etc. because they DID want the civilian market. Now they neither need nor seem to want our business. They now, IMHO for the most part ignore the civilian market. Yes I am talking about their rifles/carbines, not the single action stuff.

I feel so used...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A blanket party? No. Actually I love Colt products and own quite a bit of it. In my opinion it is the standard by which all others are judged. But I am old enough to remember the days when Colt DID advertise in magazines, etc. because they DID want the civilian market. Now they neither need nor seem to want our business. They now, IMHO for the most part ignore the civilian market. Yes I am talking about their rifles/carbines, not the single action stuff.

I feel so used...

operatorerror.........

the "Blanket-party" reference was aimed at the seemingly endless ways to offer up Colt as a piñata

Specifically, ColSanders last 2 threads have solicited incited negative discussion on Colt.

(This one, and "Why Colt and SIG got DQ'd from DEA deal" (sic) )

I don't like Colts decisions re: bastardizing the AR15, or their LE only stance. But you have to take into context the fact the anti-gun lobbies (Brady, and other big lawsuit happy groups) target Colt and the big boys because they personify the gun industry

In a big way Colt is taking the brunt of the whipping laid on the entire industry and cannot afford to go it alone, or win alone.

I prefer Colt for the following reasons:

1. Their long history of making great guns

2. Their history of making the AR15 and M16s for our military

3. The fact they make the best (arguably) factory AR15 today.

The last one we can debate maturely, and both sides can offer convincing points. That is the beauty of this board and others like it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Colt flag waver here

edited to say "good job, redfisher".
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:42:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I don't like Colts decisions re: bastardizing the AR15, or their LE only stance. But you have to take into context the fact the anti-gun lobbies (Brady, and other big lawsuit happy groups) target Colt and the big boys because they personify the gun industry

In a big way Colt is taking the brunt of the whipping laid on the entire industry and cannot afford to go it alone, or win alone.

I'm not buying that one.  Barrett has faced tons of negative press, especially since 9/11, but good ol' Ronnie has stuck to his guns.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:51:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Two words.

General Discussion.

If any of you members want to, you can search the archives, there should be a post from Goatboy about why Clot does not advertise.

They do read the boards though.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Obviously Colt doesn't make any new rifles for civilian sale, that's why no one on this board has one Five.

Fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
operatorerror.........

the "Blanket-party" reference was aimed at the seemingly endless ways to offer up Colt as a piñata

Specifically, ColSanders last 2 threads have solicited incited negative discussion on Colt.

(This one, and "Why Colt and SIG got DQ'd from DEA deal" (sic) )

I prefer Colt for the following reasons:

1. Their long history of making great guns

2. Their history of making the AR15 and M16s for our military

3. The fact they make the best (arguably) factory AR15 today.

The last one we can debate maturely, and both sides can offer convincing points. That is the beauty of this board and others like it.

OK, thanks for clearing up how completely stupid you truly are. What's your problem man?

I asked a simple question. If these topics are too negative for you then maybe you should be on more friendly sites for people with thin skin, like oprahdiscussions.com or pinkfluffybunnies.net or something.

The truth is, I asked honest questions. I want to hear honest answers.

In fact, I own Colt products and think they are top notch. They have a strong following here. You can often find them for sale in the EE too. It just makes me think, why isn't one of the biggest players in the AR world advertising on ARFCOM? I even asked the same question in regards to DPMS and OLY. Two other names you hear quite a bit. Why no outrage from the owners of DPMS and OLY products??

I don't know why it took RRA so long to jump in and advertise, but they are here now.

If Colt is making such a superior product shouldn't they be able to weather the "storm" of a couple of simple and honest questions? If they weren't one of the best they wouldn't have garnered any attention from me or from anyone else.

It's irritating how fast the colt purists jump to their side and defend them no mater what.

Why do you have to justify your ownership of Colt products to me?? I don't care why you own them.

I want to know why they don't advertise here, and we still don't have an answer, but we got some good bitching by some sensitive little kool aid drinkers.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Why should they advertise when the Mil and Govt are buying almost their entire inventory?
Of course they could advertise in Magazines and have them [the mags] whore themselves every month dithering on about how wonderful  the latest and greatest is. Of course, they then fill the guns full of shit castings and MIM parts to save money. Whoopdedoo!!!

After owning around 50 Colts, I can gripe all I want about some of the finish problems and such, but the damn things do work. Better then some of the other makes I tried out over the past few years.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Colt?  Colt who?

Is it some kind of pony riding company for little kids' birthday parties?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#29]
They don't need to advertise at all. Everyone knows about Colt and knows (even people that know nothing about guns know what a "Colt AR15" is) that they are considered the standard by which all others are to be judged. Couple that with the fact that they're selling everything they make, makes me think they don't need to waste time and money on advertizing.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#30]
How about for the same reason Ford doesn't advertise on Stangnet or The Corral?

Also, as far as Colt is concerned they're the only manufacturer of AR15's.  

Maybe we should ask how somebody besides Colt is running a place called AR15.com.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Anyone know why they wouldn't want to advertise on here? Seems like they (Colt) have a strong following here. They are a major player in the AR world.

Creating another shit storm are ya?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Because its not in Colts business design.  They go after large contracts, no individual sales.  Its how they do business.  And nothing wrong with that at all.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, because when I ask honest questions about a company it's only natural that the Colt apologists throw a fit. They hate having to answer honest questions, they'd rather start a fight or cry instead.

Give me a break, I am just now starting to realize how thin skinned the Colt apologists are. If I knew asking honest questions would create a "shit storm" I probably wouldn't have asked.

Funny thing is, this question was NOT NEGATIVE AT ALL. It recieved negative comments from most responders, but not from the original poster. I've yet to make a negative comment about Colt in this thread (I have made positive comments). I challenge someone to show me where I bashed Colt or spoke negatively about them in order to make them sound bad.

To anyone on the board who doesn't know already, never question anything Colt does because they are above our questioning. Never question Colt, or you are stirring the pot! Plus, you can really hurt the feelings of Colt apologists. They are sensitive folk. Very thin-skinned. Please be extra kind to these tender souls who rabidly defend Colt.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#35]
The simple answer:

Where not worthy of Colts time.  They have no interest in helping law biding citizens obtain firearms.  Only big-brother and law enforcement is worthy enough.  Colt can kiss my ass.

Thats the truth no matter what the koolaid drinkers say.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, because when I ask honest questions about a company it's only natural that the Colt apologists throw a fit. They hate having to answer honest questions, they'd rather start a fight or cry instead.

Give me a break, I am just now starting to realize how thin skinned the Colt apologists are. If I knew asking honest questions would create a "shit storm" I probably wouldn't have asked.

Funny thing is, this question was NOT NEGATIVE AT ALL. It recieved negative comments from most responders, but not from the original poster. I've yet to make a negative comment about Colt in this thread (I have made positive comments). I challenge someone to show me where I bashed Colt or spoke negatively about them in order to make them sound bad.

To anyone on the board who doesn't know already, never question anything Colt does because they are above our questioning. Never question Colt, or you are stirring the pot! Plus, you can really hurt the feelings of Colt apologists. They are sensitive folk. Very thin-skinned. Please be extra kind to these tender souls who rabidly defend Colt.

Actually, it's because the same kind of people say the same old stupid shit over and over and over. All they do is mostly repeat "something" they heard from "someone".

Do I like Colts. Yep, I do. I don't care if you do or don't.  I PERSONALLY have had great luck with them and they have been solid, reliable rifles [and pistols]. I don't have to replace parts, and I don't have to diagnose "issues" with them from new.

Do I wish they would change some of their business plans? Yes, but since I am but one person, and many of their orders run into the 10s of thousands, I can say if I was in charge I probably would sell to the 10thousand group first. Besides, how many companies are vying for the same civvie market? 15-20?

I'm not all that impressed with another AR company based on their cut and run when it was THEIR time to be sue'd. A Little was said here about that but the defenders justified it quite easily in their mind. I guess to each his own, Colt went thru the same shit for 15 years and no one cuts em any slack for that do they?

Either way it's your money, spend it how you want, and I'll spend mine how I want.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Either way it's your money, spend it how you want, and I'll spend mine how I want.

Buy what you want and shoot what you buy.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:40:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
imagecloset.com/8/03520807-zero tollerance.jpg

Talk about a spammer. You're the ultimate Colt propaganda spammer. What's your own personal post count between this and the other thread? How much of it contributed ANYTHING to the discussion? What a hypocrit.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:54:20 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Talk about a spammer. You're the ultimate Colt propaganda spammer. What's your own personal post count between this and the other thread? How much of it contributed ANYTHING to the discussion? What a hypocrit.

Its more like anti-RRA propaganda... COLT, STAG, Bushmaster, CMT, LMT.... and so on, I have strong positive feelings for...

Unlike you, I'm not running around starting shit storm threads with RRA in the title, In your case COLT in the title...

I'm just stating facts in threads that are defending a company that I feel does not match up to the standards that some brag about it being ...

ETA: actually I should of crossed out the spammers, stalkers part...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its more like anti-RRA propaganda... COLT, STAG, Bushmaster, CMT, LMT.... and so on, I have strong positive feelings for...

Unlike you, I'm not running around starting shit storm threads with RRA in the title, In your case COLT in the title...

I'm just stating facts in threads that are defending a company that I feel does not match up to the standards that some brag about it being ...

You know nothing of facts, since you have ignored them this whole time.

The difference between you and me is that I like Colt (a fact you seem to be ignoring). Just because I wanted to know why they don't advertise here now I am a troll.

I'm the harmless goat, you are the troll. Go crawl under a different bridge.

Actually, you've also turned into a bit of a stalker as well (because you won't leave me alone), and you have spammed my harmless threads and you have CONTRIBUTED NOTHING. Now, get back on damn topic please. If you want to talk about trolls or spam, start your OWN DAMN THREAD!

I'm pretty sure you are violating forum rules by purposely changing the topic of threads.

GIVE IT A REST!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know nothing of facts, since you have ignored them this whole time.

The difference between you and me is that I like Colt (a fact you seem to be ignoring). Just because I wanted to know why they don't advertise here now I am a troll.

I'm the harmless goat, you are the troll. Go crawl under a different bridge.

Actually, you've also turned into a bit of a stalker as well (because you won't leave me alone), and you have spammed my harmless threads and you have CONTRIBUTED NOTHING. Now, get back on damn topic please. If you want to talk about trolls or spam, start your OWN DAMN THREAD!

I'm pretty sure you are violating forum rules by purposely changing the topic of threads.

GIVE IT A REST!!

Yes dear...No need to get so upset...

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Their profits are so high due to raping their customers, they don't need to advertise here.

A customer is a customer by choice. Customers do not submit willingly to being raped.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:14:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Why do I like and seek out Colt products.  My first issue weapon when I entered the Marine Corps in 1986 was a Colt M16A2.  When I could hit targets at 500 yards open sights and earn expert shooting awards with that particular rifle system it stuck in my mind forever.  Does it mean its the best weapon out there now?  I don't know.  I currently own a model 6721 with so much space between the upper and lower I can see daylight.  The FSB is canted to the left so it requires 20 clicks of windage to bring the sight picture center match.  But I have never had a FTF or FTE with that weapon ever.  For me, its pure nostalgia, like the new Ford Mustang.  So, I'll wait the 5 or 6 months to buy a 6920 when they become available again.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:25:49 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Perhaps that's why they don't advertise here.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:57:20 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perhaps that's why they don't advertise here.

True, but Bushmaster, Armalite, RRA all have strong followings too. Obviously, they are big players too. And granted, RRA just started advertising here AFAIK. Not sure how long Bushy has been advertising here. They are all major players, and they all advertise here.

Like I said also, why do you think we dont see DPMS and OLY ads??

Someone mentioned the 6920, why aren't they available right now (I'd start another thread if I didn't fear "stirring the pot" anymore)?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:02:31 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tards?

That's a little harsh isn't it?

.........at least I contribute to the site enough for the privilege to have an avitar.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Someone mentioned the 6920, why aren't they available right now (I'd start another thread if I didn't fear "stirring the pot" anymore)?

Go to SAW's website, I think they have a few for sale
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#48]
1- Colt's name is synonymous with the AR-15, why would they need more advertising?
2- Mil/LEO contracts for basically the last 30-odd years; this means decisions based on the current political climate - do the math
3- Rifle/parts availability is like any other manufacturer - when production is stressed to the limit, flow of supply slows
4- Love them or hate them, their factory-produced rifles demand a premium and hold their value far better than any other manufacturer: again; why would they need more advertising?

Best answers I can think of, but I think #2 holds has the greatest effect.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:40:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Where's the guy with the signature that says something like...

your original Colt is a copy of an Armalite design

?????????????????

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:07:08 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Why would they?

nokidding, they suck anyways......
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany