Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 8:21:36 PM EDT
i have a RRA 16" two stage trigger AR15 made in july/august 2005  1000 rounds through it so far

today i was at the range with some buddies and we were doing rapid fire with 30 rnd mags. for some reason  about the 4th time within about 3 hours of 250-300 rounds total shots fired today. i did rapid fire 2 30 rnd mags right after another on the 2nd mag halk way through there was a """""3 round burst fire""""""""""    i finished the mag and turned to my friends and was like WTF just happened did u guys hear that?? they all said yes including 1 that used to sell for FN USA. so i dont know WTF happened. should i call RRA or see if it does it again and then call RRA to give me a new rifle???  should i look inside for anything that could be screwed up???

the 3shot burst felt nothing like rapid fire at all.  kinda was cool but was weird never felt that from a semiauto ever. i have shot FA before but not with my own personal guns.

PLEASE HELP
dont want the feds after my ARSE....

I LOVE MY RRA damn good gun

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:24:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Could your firing pin have been so gunked-up that it stuck out and popped 3 off?

- BG
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Let RRA know.
Better Safe than Sorry
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#3]
RRA Carbines with the 2 stage trigger are fairly easy to bump off 4-6 rd bursts.

My Friends RRA M4 is the only gun I can bump fire from the shoulder.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:37:32 PM EDT
[#4]
ok  thanks to "JBowles" simply told me that it was bump firing. since i was doing rapid fire i just found its sweet spot. now all i have to do is find it again and keep remembering where it is and HAVE FUN. if it does it then i have a problem and will contact RRA about it. i think i should be fine.

hopefully i can afford to learn how to bumpfire with MY AR
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:12:50 PM EDT
[#5]
IBMMR

(In before markm rant)
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:45:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I had an older AR do that.  The disconnector was going TU.  It may not be bump firing.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:23:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Could your firing pin have been so gunked-up that it stuck out and popped 3 off?

- BG

NO.

Paladin
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:37:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I had an older AR do that.  The disconnector was going TU.  It may not be bump firing.

With the RRA 2 stage, some have a very short "reset" distance back to the first stage.  That coupled with a very light 2nd stage, and you have a "bump-o-matic" on your hands.  The 2nd round is always very close to my original "group", but the 3rd round is usually off the paper.

I watched a 3-gun shooter throw away a huge number of shots at the Texas 3-gun match last fall, and everyone there claimed his rifle "was safe".  His "hit ratio" was probably the worst recorded that day.

During (free) recoil, the rifle starts rearward while your finger remains stationary.  After recoiling, the bolt then closes, causing the rifle to jump slightly forward(or perhaps has "bounced off your shoulder").  but you finger is still there, and a second and or third shot can be fired.  Armalite has a tech note about this happening.  Pulling the trigger firmly to the rear, and HOLDING it rearward during the recoil cycle is the cure.  HTH.

Paladin

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#9]
what do you mean by TU??
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
what do you mean by TU??

Tits up
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top