Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 2:09:21 PM EDT
Remember the Vietnam era M16 bandoliers that guys wore across their chests?  Is there anything similar for 30 rounders?  I want something I can throw over a shoulder or chest, not something to clip to a belt.  Anyone know where to get something like that?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#1]
the current issue bandoliers hold 150 rounds in 30 round sections. after taking the ammo out there is a stitch line you can pull which enlarges the pocket to accomodate a 30 rounder
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#2]
And where would I get one of those?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this what you're looking for?

Ammoman.com has them.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Ammoman.com has them.

Looks like those are for twenty rounders.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
the current issue bandoliers hold 150 rounds in 30 round sections. after taking the ammo out there is a stitch line you can pull which enlarges the pocket to accomodate a 30 rounder

Last time I checked the current bandollers hold 120 rounds; 4 pockets of 30 rounds each.  150 would have been a smart move when they changed from the old, 7-pocket bandoleers, as that would add 10 rounds and fill 5 magazines.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually, the bandoleers of olden times are being remade to todays standards.  Look into the Eagle Industries "Patrol Bandoleer" and see what you think.  I'm waiting on the TPI mag-bag to come out before I make a decision, but I do like the EIPB!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ammoman.com has them.

No, they don't. They're the right ones. You can see the white stitch, and count the pockets.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ammoman.com has them.

No, they don't. They're the right ones. You can see the white stitch, and count the pockets.

I see what you are saying now.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I think www.cheaperthandirt.com has some of the 7 pocket ones in stock
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Remember the Vietnam era M16 bandoliers that guys wore across their chests?  Is there anything similar for 30 rounders?  I want something I can throw over a shoulder or chest, not something to clip to a belt.  Anyone know where to get something like that?

Wu has the following:

M16/AR15 Bandoleer Kits (4 Pocket Design)......$3.00 ea*

Stripper Clips...................................................................06 ea

Stripper Clip Guides...................................................5@$1.00

Empty Bandoleer (4 pocket design)..............................$1.25 ea

Cardboard(When available)...............................................20 ea

Safety Pins................................................................12@$1.00

*Four Pocket Bandoleer Kits consist of the bandoleer, 12 Stripper Clips, Stripper Clip Guide, Safety Pin and four pocket cardboards. All materials are once used in excellent condition.

If you are interested, click here: LINKY

Good guy to deal with.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:25:08 PM EDT
[#11]
So the 4 pocket $1.25 bandoliers that Wu's Surplus sells will hold 4 loaded 30 round mags?  Or do they hold 30 rounds of loose ammo?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:33:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So the 4 pocket $1.25 bandoliers that Wu's Surplus sells will hold 4 loaded 30 round mags?  Or do they hold 30 rounds of loose ammo?

They'll hold 30round mags after you pull the stitch.
Before you pull the stitch, they each hold 3 10 round stripper clips in the cardboard.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top