Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 12:15:24 PM EDT
I have a Bushmaster XM15E2S with A3 Flat Top, carry handle and 20" Fluted Barrel.

It was purchased new by me about 5 years ago and was a post ban rifle.
Its in excellent condition and has fired about 5-600rnds of both commercial and military surplus ammo.  I have the factory plastic case and everything else that came with it except the original 10rnd mag.

I haven't shot it for quite some time and for that reason I'm considering selling.  
Bushmaster shows a current price of $1161.50 including shipping and the fluted barrel.
The current rifle is shown here:  http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwa3s20.asp

What is a fair price to ask for this Rifle and what is the best way to sell it legally and safely?

I also collected a number of 20 and 30rnd USGI pre-ban magazines, cleaned, replaced followers (if needed) and refinished them with PermaSilk-G.  What are these currently worth?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwa3s20.asp

how much did you pay?

i'd say ~$750-$800+ would be the price to expect

$10-12 for the 30rnders (competition is high.....), $15-$20 for the 20rnders
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:17:15 PM EDT
[#2]
A new one would run you about $850-900 , with no-ban features, so for a used, post-ban model, I would pay about $600.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#3]
$87
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
$87

+1
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I was thinking around $750 would be a good price. Mags I'm not sure, prices are all over the place but they have come down since the federal ban expired.

To sell this rifle legally you have two options..

-A private sale. This is when you sell the AR to someone in your home state. This option requires no paperwork, it's basically a cash and carry deal between two people, he pays you, you give him the weapon. This is also known as a face to face sale and is preferred by many of us here because you save money on transfer fees, plus it's off the record so to speak. You can ask to see the buyer's drivers liscence to make sure he's a resident of MO, but he doesn't have to as you are not required to keep any record of this transaction. With all private sales, use common sense, if a gang banger or a meth head shows up, walk away.
In many states you can actually ship the rifle directly to a private buyer in your home state. Legally speaking this is considered a face to face -or private sale- so it's a cash and ship deal. He sends you the cash, you send him the rifle. I've done this a few times in NY, you have to use a private carrier like Fed-Ex, again no records are required as long as you are both residents of the same state.

-The second option is selling to someone from out of state. The requirement here is that you ship the rifle to a firearms dealer(FFL) in the buyers home state. Then the buyer has to fill out a form 4473 for a background check at his dealer -and pays the transfer fee- before he takes possession of the weapon. Around here the fees are as high as $50.

Where to sell it is easy, use the
Equipment Exchange right here on the boards.

Good Luck.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Used, without flash supressor and bayo lug, I'd personally not pay much more than $650.

If you are in no hurry to sell it, and list it in a variety of boards, maybe you could sell it for around $750 - $800.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:51:14 PM EDT
[#7]
One of the local shops here had the exact same rifle and sold it for $600.00
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:56:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Keep it you are in too deep to part with it., But just so you know.

I will pay you 650$ Right now for it. That offer is good for 15 days.

Gary
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:17:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Unless you really need the cash, you should keep it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:24:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd keep it. Without the "evil" features it won't sell well. New Bushy with flat top, FH and collapsible stock go for $900 here new.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:38:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Sometimes trading is the better option.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:42:25 AM EDT
[#12]
just keep it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Mailorder Midway has ar stoner mags w/green follower in 20 and 30 caps for $9.99 new in the plastic bag. So there is no selling point there. Go to an outdoor range someday when the guys are blasting. Find a newbie sitting loading his one and only mag. Show him your wares..you'll get at least 15$ bucks a pop then for a mag.
AAAAAhhhhhhhh your rifle, well just like anything in realestate......location location location. I expect you'll get a fair asking price based on who when and where. Keep in mind that there are a great number of purists in this I GOT ONE TOO mode. Just be patient and target your market. A sale at your price is inevitable. Realistically, an ar if not beaten is close to that of a genuine diamond.....hard to wear out.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:44:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I have a Bushmaster XM15E2S with A3 Flat Top, carry handle and 20" Fluted Barrel.

Bushmaster shows a current price of $1161.50 including shipping and the fluted barrel.

What is a fair price to ask for this Rifle and what is the best way to sell it legally and safely?

Don't you mean this?

XM15E2S Link

The current list price shipped is $1246.50 and retail is over $900.   It is intended as a target rifle where it is an advantage to have a bare muzzle.  Find someone who is or wants to shoot CMP and start negotiating at $800.  you can always come down.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#15]
If you are wanting a noban, try selling the upper on the EE and buy a noban upper to replace it.  I would guess it isnt worth more than about $600-650 as is.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#16]
$850-900
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:49:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
$87

+1

+3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top