AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Winchester for me!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:52:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I've only used the steel cased Wolf ammo for my AR-15.  I can't afford the more expensive stuff and I've never had any problems with the Wolf ones.  

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/9421/ar15mags80percsmallersizetoo2u.jpg
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:12:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster "approves" the use of Wolf ammo.
Check their ammo advisory:
HERE
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:19:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I used to be an XM193-only ammo snob, but then the price kept going up and then it virtually disapeared altogether.  Because of this I broke down and bought 500 rounds of the 55 grain Wolf.  It's worked fine so far in all 6 of my ARs (Bushmaster x2, Colt x2, RRA, and Cavarms) at my monthly rifle matches.  I'm going to try ordering up some of the 62 grain and see how it does.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:19:40 AM EDT
[#5]
You should find the 62gr Wolf to shoot more accurately (albeit not much more) through a 1/9 twist barrel.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:20:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You should find the 62gr Wolf to shoot more accurately (albeit not much more) through a 1/9 twist barrel.

Actually I only own 1:7
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:23:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for that link metroplex.  

Here's a little from that Bushmaster advisory:

BUSHMASTER PERSONNEL HAVE USED THE FOLLOWING AMMUNITIONS in various calibers for testing at the factory, and found they will cycle without malfunction and have not caused damage or problems:

PMC / SPEER / REMINGTON / WINCHESTER / WOLF / SELLIER & BELLOT
AMERICAN EAGLE (Federal Manufactured) / M.E.N. (German Manufacture)

Very cool.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:35:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I have never posted in a Wolf ammo thread.  I will now do so.  Since being gifted with my Colt MT6700 I have run approx 2000 rounds of Wolf through it.  Haven't had a failure of any kind.  I believe all that I have used is the FMJ 55 gr poly coated.  It shoots fine with decent accuracy.  It penetrates propane and freon tanks from 65 yards just fine.  For the record the only "failure" I have experienced was with UMC 45 gr HP and I believe it was a magazine problem, not ammo.

YMMV
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:04:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I just ordered 1k of 62HP. I will give a range report when I get it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:12:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
ARFCOM "approves" the use of Wolf ammo.
Check their ammo advisory:
HERE

There; fixed it!

I have never tried it, but maybe now I will.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:19:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top