Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/28/2006 3:54:58 PM EDT
I've been asked to post some pictures of my Samson sight, so here they are.  I'm very impressed with the quality and the simplicity of this piece of gear.  With TROY's questionable customer service, I'm glad to see another manufacturer step up to the plate.

And the rifle it sits on.....

I know that John at Rainier Arms ordered a bunch of these if anyone's in the market this sight.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:58:49 PM EDT
[#2]
NICE!

What are these running, price wise?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:55:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Are there any plans for a corresponding rear sight?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:36:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Do they have a similar one for gas blocks?  I'd like one.  May just get one of these anyway...

TS
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I never realized how many things in daily life is spring loaded...
My chair, car's shock absorbers, mattrese (and box springs), and every little key on the keyboard
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
In six months, this will be the number one rail mounted sight on AR15.com

Do you think it will take that long?  I think they fixed the #1 issue with the Troy sights - that stupid AK system which required a special tool to adjust.  The ability to use AR front sights (and hence tritium front sights) and to adjust with a cartridge is a big plus.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you think it will take that long?  I think they fixed the #1 issue with the Troy sights - that stupid AK system which required a special tool to adjust.  The ability to use AR front sights (and hence tritium front sights) and to adjust with a cartridge is a big plus.

+1
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:03:24 PM EDT
[#12]
What? No reply from Grant yet? Isn't this a Samson thread?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I hate to speak for Scott, so I hope he comes along to confirm or deny either way, but based on our conversations at SHOT, the answer is no, not currently.
And this sight is, the best rail mounted sight out....bar none.

/S2
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I also talked to Scott today via email and he said no rear sights right now. He said they are still using the ARMS rear BUIS so they anodized their front flip sight the same color to match.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:25:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I also talked to Scott today via email and he said no rear sights right now. He said they are still using the ARMS rear BUIS so they anodized their front flip sight the same color to match.

That's affirmative.  Samson recommended the ARMS #40L, which is what I bought and installed on the rifle pictured above.  The sight's match perfectly.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:33:30 AM EDT
[#17]
DAMIT...... I just bought 2 Troy frount sights and NOW..... they "Sampson" come out with this..... Well 2 Troys up for sale

Slug-O-Matic
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:22:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
DAMIT...... I just bought 2 Troy frount sights and NOW..... they "Sampson" come out with this..... Well 2 Troys up for sale

Slug-O-Matic

My sentiments excatly!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted: In six months, this will be the number one rail mounted sight on AR15.com

Quoted: Do you think it will take that long?  I think they fixed the #1 issue with the Troy sights - that stupid AK system which required a special tool to adjust.  The ability to use AR front sights (and hence tritium front sights) and to adjust with a cartridge is a big plus.

+1
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:21:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
What? No reply from Grant yet? Isn't this a Samson thread?

LMAO, I was thinking the same thing to myself when reading this thread...

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:29:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Do they have a similar one for gas blocks?  I'd like one.  May just get one of these anyway...

TS hr

Yes they do, I corresponded with Scott a couple of weeks ago about the same thing. Some pictures were posted here. Try a search for Sampson. Pictures are also on thier website. This looks like one of the best sight s out there to me. The gas block version is designed to sit flush with your pic rail, looks nice!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TS

Yes they do, I corresponded with Scott a couple of weeks ago about the same thing. Some pictures were posted here. Try a search for Sampson. Pictures are also on thier website. This looks like one of the best sight s out there to me. The gas block version is designed to sit flush with your pic rail, looks nice!

Sweet!  Thanks!!!

TS
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#23]
The barrel mount one is a flip up with an integral gas block.  Maybe I can add a riser to my gas block, then the Samson sight...

TS
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:24:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Unless Larue releases one.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I think they fixed the #1 issue with the Troy sights - that stupid AK system which required a special tool to adjust.

You consider a crushed 5.56 case a special tool?  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think they fixed the #1 issue with the Troy sights - that stupid AK system which required a special tool to adjust.

You consider a crushed 5.56 case a special tool?  

what does an AK sight tool look like?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Hmm...

TS
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top