BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/28/2006 6:33:13 AM EDT

My Ar-15 ammo grab bag. Holds seven Glock 23 mags, two 20 round and six thirty round AR mags. Also holds my Pentagon flashlight.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:38:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice ... i should get me something like that!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:41:11 AM EDT
[#2]
That's a great idea.  I'm going to have to get something like that.  You just never know when you might have to grab it and go.  Be read at all times.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:50:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Holy crap that is cool!!

Please tell us where you got that bag.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:51:47 AM EDT
[#4]
That's Cute!  I like it.  But I'd need a new belt and shoes to match!

But if I'm ever in a situation that I need SEVEN glock mags,  I'm wanting a lot more RIFLE MAGS!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:59:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

But if I'm ever in a situation that I need SEVEN glock mags,  I'm wanting a lot more RIFLE MAGS!

[daffy duck] You 'thir, are being tharcasthic! [daffy duck]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:06:29 AM EDT
[#6]
That's a nice setup.  I have something like that for my Glock:  4 mags, a holster, flashlight and knife.  Looks quite inconspicuous.

I was thinking of going for a hard plastic case as a grab and go for my rifle mags but a soft case might be a better option.

markm has a good point.  I read a quote awhile back from Clint Smith and to parphrase:  "A pistol is only good for fighting your way back to the rifle that you should not have put down in the first place."  I got to get to one of his classes some day.  He has a very no-B.S way of putting things.

This is the third edit of this post as I am having brain-finger-disconnect syndrome.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:06:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Great setup.  I like it.    

I can't find that bag on the website.  The M-4 waistpack only has two outer pockets.  List price on the M4 is $34.99.  

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:37:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1, looks kinda like a fanny pack on steriods.   I guess I can see it for the range, if you think your tacticool.  My Mags stay with my chest rig or in my weapon, where they belong.

And even though I have at least 10 mags for every handgun I own, I never carry more than 2 (unless I'm at the range), and 1 is in the weapon.  If you need more than that, you better be one smooth talker, cause your not going to get out of it shootin...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:20:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I think this is the bag link and for the pistol mag pouches Here is another link
correct me if I am wrong
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:30:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the link.  Apparently I am not the only one with not enough to do at work.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice bag, I need a general purpose bag..
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:45:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I have been working on something along the same lines as a grab bag for bailing out and trying to get back to pick up more of my long term gear if that is what was needed.  

I went with the special SKD had as a chest rig.  It holds 4, 30 round AR mags and 4, glock mags.  I also added 2 pouches, one on each side that holds 1 ALS smoke and 1 ALS CS gas.  I figured it did not hurt to have because it is a quick grap so something bad happened fast.  I also read on the forums here someone packed up 50cal ammo cans with mags.  So I did the same.  So it holds 16 30 round AR mags, and 8, 20 round FAL mags.  Sure this is a bit heavy but a great way to carry mass ammo.  

Please let me know what you think and if you would change anything let me know.  

The Eotech 512 is missing on the AR........... just been playing around with it.  

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have been working on something along the same lines as a grab bag for bailing out and trying to get back to pick up more of my long term gear if that is what was needed.  

I went with the special SKD had as a chest rig.  It holds 4, 30 round AR mags and 4, glock mags.  I also added 2 pouches, one on each side that holds 1 ALS smoke and 1 ALS CS gas.  I figured it did not hurt to have because it is a quick grap so something bad happened fast.  I also read on the forums here someone packed up 50cal ammo cans with mags.  So I did the same.  So it holds 16 30 round AR mags, and 8, 20 round FAL mags.  Sure this is a bit heavy but a great way to carry mass ammo.  

The Eotech 512 is missing on the AR........... just been playing around with it.  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/vedubin01/DSCN0225copy.jpg

Good topic and pics.... thanks.

I like the add-on mag pouches as they might serve for "informal" 3-gun" when it's all on the belt.  Have to check to see if they have 30rd-223 in that config as well.

Nice chest rig too......

By the way, what fore end on your AR??  I like the "one shot upper rail" and the ladders all the way back to the BUIS
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:06:12 PM EDT
[#14]
The forward grip is the Tango Down on a Troy rail.  I have the Magpul rail covers that finish the look.  

Thanks!

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Nothing fancy here.....but it carries 6 30-rounders just fine and I can keep it near my safe.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:59:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Holy crap that is cool!!

I picked up the bag from a vendor at the Lakeland gun show in November. The bag and accessories are made by Maxpedition. The bag was $60, flashlight pouch $15 and the two side mag pouches were $20 each.  You can add extra attachments and arrange them to suit your needs.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:02:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I think this is the bag link and for the pistol mag pouches Here is another link
correct me if I am wrong

Thanks for posting the link to Maxpeditions web site. I didnt have the address.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Great setup, i like what you did with the chest rig. I also keep extra loaded mags in my ammo cans.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:09:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Nothing fancy here.....but it carries 6 30-rounders just fine and I can keep it near my safe.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/FredFeral/gobag.jpg

who manufactured your pouch?

a month ago I orderd a shoulder mag pouch from ACE.  It supposed to hold 12 AR mags, 6 on each side, 2 in a pouch.  I just got a email from them saying it's back ordered for at least another week because of a large Military order of them.  I was suprised that the Military uses ACE products.  They have OD in stock which they are supposed to be sending me.

This seems like the perfect grab and go pouch since it's pretty small, holds 12 mags and is worn over the shoulder.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Nice Bag.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be an el cheapo pouch from Galati International. I traded my Dad a skinning knife for it and only found out later that he got the better end of the deal.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be an el cheapo pouch from Galati International. I traded my Dad a skinning knife for it and only found out later that he got the better end of the deal.

so I assume you are saying you don't like it?  Is it junk or just something you don't like?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

a month ago I orderd a shoulder mag pouch from ACE.  It supposed to hold 12 AR mags, 6 on each side, 2 in a pouch.  I just got a email from them saying it's back ordered for at least another week because of a large Military order of them.  I was suprised that the Military uses ACE products.  They have OD in stock which they are supposed to be sending me.

This seems like the perfect grab and go pouch since it's pretty small, holds 12 mags and is worn over the shoulder.

Got a link for ACE products?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I recently got one of these for my birthday from my wife and took it to an alterations place and had the lady cut some bottom off the length for my 20-rounder mags.  It was real, real deep (which I guess is good if you want to carry alot of things, but I wanted it just for rifle mags for back of PD car).  

I kinda still wanna look into maybe getting an Eagle Patrol Bandoleer as I like the idea of carrying AR mags as well as a couple of glock mags.  

I will post a pic or two of the modified ammo bag as soon as I can.  

For now, it really does suit my purposes - an "Active Shooter" bag.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:46:59 PM EDT
[#25]

FYI, this bag comes with a shoulder strap which attaches using the two eye hooks above the side mag pouches. I took it off to clean it before taking this picture and forgot to put it back on.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#26]
It's amazing to see all of the talk about bags like this.  In the old days when muzzle-loaders ruled the land, a Rifleman's Bag was an essential piece of kit.  What's old is new again.

Isn't Uncle Mike's coming out with a Patrol Bandoleer?  I know the folks over at TPI.com are working on prototypes called the Happy Sack that is supposed to be awesome for grabbin' and goin'.

After all this rambling, though, I'm thinking a drop-leg platform with four mags would do better for most than something like a shoulder bag.  I have a duty belt set up for my CZ and carry four mags plus a SF 6P.  If I were to attach a leg panel, I could be ready to rock in just as little time as anyone else, and I wouldn't have to worry about securing more gear to my body.  I'm thinking this might be the answer I need.  I'm thinking, but not quite convinced.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
It's amazing to see all of the talk about bags like this.  In the old days when muzzle-loaders ruled the land, a Rifleman's Bag was an essential piece of kit.  What's old is new again.

Isn't Uncle Mike's coming out with a Patrol Bandoleer?  I know the folks over at TPI.com are working on prototypes called the Happy Sack that is supposed to be awesome for grabbin' and goin'.

After all this rambling, though, I'm thinking a drop-leg platform with four mags would do better for most than something like a shoulder bag.  I have a duty belt set up for my CZ and carry four mags plus a SF 6P.  If I were to attach a leg panel, I could be ready to rock in just as little time as anyone else, and I wouldn't have to worry about securing more gear to my body.  I'm thinking this might be the answer I need.  I'm thinking, but not quite convinced.

I also believe the ammo bag is an essential piece of equipment. Beats stuffing your pockets if you have to grab-n-go in a hurry.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I like drop leg rigs, but only when appropriate.  I've carried four loaded rifle mags on a leg rig before, and it just isn't fun.  I've got huge legs, so it's not a problem of pain or making movement difficult, it just sucks have that much weight flopping around on one's leg.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#29]
I was thinking about one of these and one in the rifle for times when a few mags will do.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I just use a couple of these.  Holds 3 mags of course, but I have it crammed with an overloaded box of ammo currently.

Standard USGI ammo pouch.  I took a razor to the little pistol holder things on the side, or whatever the hell they were.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:43:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I just use a couple of these.  Holds 3 mags of course, but I have it crammed with an overloaded box of ammo currently.

dubisteinspundloch.com/DSCF4846.JPG

Standard USGI ammo pouch.  I took a razor to the little pistol holder things on the side, or whatever the hell they were.

Hand grenades.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:35:53 PM EDT
[#32]
tag for pic tomorrow
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:38:29 PM EDT
[#33]
I like Maxpedition products.  I have the Fatboy Veripack that I use to carry my pistol in.  It holds my pistol with holster.  Four spare mags in the front pouch. My Pentagon flashlight and two boxes of Federal Hydra-Shok in the side pouch.  I also have my CRKT M16-14M clipped to the PALS webbing.  It is big enough to carry any fullsize pistol.  Usually it is carrying my HK USP.

My next bag though is going to be my AR15 ammo/spare parts bag.  I am going to get the Maxpedition Proteus Versipack.  It will hold six 30rd mags in the main pouch.  Four 20rd mags, two each, in the side pouches.  I will use the front pouch for spare parts, etc.  I may also be able to attach 2-3 AR15 mag pouches via malice clips to the back of the bag, adding an additional 2-6 30rd mags.
Maxpedition Products

Might try adding 2-3 of these also.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:07:57 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Holy crap that is cool!!

You can find it here. It's their M4 bag.
Maxpedition M4 WaistPack

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:10:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:12:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:54:25 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

so I assume you are saying you don't like it?  Is it junk or just something you don't like?

No, I like it fine-- it does its job and is worth the $20 Galati is asking for it. It's not made with the quality material that more expensive pouches are, but for the price it's pretty reasonable. (I just traded a knife worth more than the pouch....didn't realize it was a $20 pouch when I made the trade. My fault there, not the pouch's. )
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:01:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Nice setup
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:59:36 AM EDT
[#39]
[edit:  never mind.  I didn't see the post about the shoulder strap.]  Do you wear that on your belt?  How do you keep your pants up?  It must weigh a ton when loaded.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:15:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Not the best picture, but mine is the maxpedition thermite versipak. It holds 5 30rd mags in the main pouch, mags flashlights knifes etc in the sides and batteries etc in the front pouches.

My thought was to have something I could grab very quickly that wasn't too conspicuous, could be a camra bag etc.

This one can be worn around the waist with a leg strap or over the shoulder.  I've tested it out at the range, running and such and it is pretty comfortable even completely loaded.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#41]
tag
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Blackhawk vest with 10 mags of M855/Winchester 64g PowerPoints

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:38:29 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Holy crap that is cool!!

Maxpedition M4 WaistPack

My bag is actually the Toadstool Versipack (#0406). The M4 bag (#0313) is smaller and is made to be worn on your belt. Mine is much larger and is either hand carried or worn over the shouldervia a strap.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I like Maxpedition products.  I have the Fatboy Veripack that I use to carry my pistol in.  It holds my pistol with holster.  Four spare mags in the front pouch. My Pentagon flashlight and two boxes of Federal Hydra-Shok in the side pouch.  I also have my CRKT M16-14M clipped to the PALS webbing.  It is big enough to carry any fullsize pistol.  Usually it is carrying my HK USP.

My next bag though is going to be my AR15 ammo/spare parts bag.  I am going to get the Maxpedition Proteus Versipack.  It will hold six 30rd mags in the main pouch.  Four 20rd mags, two each, in the side pouches.  I will use the front pouch for spare parts, etc.  I may also be able to attach 2-3 AR15 mag pouches via malice clips to the back of the bag, adding an additional 2-6 30rd mags.
Maxpedition Products
www.maxpedition.com/product/versipack/0402_proteus/0402g_01s.gif
Might try adding 2-3 of these also.
www.tacticaltailor.com/ProductImages/ACU_2mag_556.jpg

The Proteus would be a great next project. Please post pics if and when you finish.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Holy crap that is cool!!

Maxpedition M4 WaistPack

My bag is actually the Toadstool Versipack (#0406). The M4 bag (#0313) is smaller and is made to be worn on your belt. Mine is much larger and is either hand carried or worn over the shouldervia a strap.

The Toadstool, doesn't have the side pockets...you must have added them, huh?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Holy crap that is cool!!

Maxpedition M4 WaistPack

Yep, it's an add-on. That's the best part about Maxpeditions products, alot of simple add on capabilities.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#47]
I have a HSGI DACH with 12 AR mags ,2 pistol mags, Surefire and batteries but I live in the country. I like the idea of an incognito Ammo/mag carrier.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:10:08 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Holy crap that is cool!!

Maxpedition M4 WaistPack

Yep, it's an add-on. That's the best part about Maxpeditions products, alot of simple add on capabilities.

Yeah...AWESOME stuff. I have a 'whole room' of Max gear....NOT quite an exageration, either!

I have a couple of the M4 bags, and just ordered one of 'yours' to give it a try. I normally carry a Jumbo S Versipack daily..and my BOB is a Max with just about every bag they make 'strapped' to it!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:53:23 AM EDT
[#49]
http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/12939armani.jpg

You could probally get about 6 mags and a Ka-Bar in there. $250.00 from Armani.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:02:59 AM EDT
[#50]
My impact resistant waterproof padded case which holds 7 M16 mags, 3 Glock 17 mags and 5 1911 Mags and will even float when fully loaded.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top