this one is a bit better

full auto

Very nice.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Hahahah.  After every shot he leans further and further backwards.  I didn't know the .223 has that much kick.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:36:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I think those olimpic people are shooting pelet guns or .22's because they are putting their eyes right up on the scope... ouch.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:19:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Am I the only one upset because nobody used the foreward assist?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think those olimpic people are shooting pelet guns or .22's because they are putting their eyes right up on the scope... ouch.

.22's
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#7]
hahahaha. Man that guy has no idea. Just tryin to be "gangsta". Ill bet he holds a handgun on its side.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Pregnant style might be good for what its good for, but you can't make the comparison with it and the subject of this thread. He may have ended up in an "acceptable" shooting position, but the rifle knocked him into it, so either way you look at it he was doing something wrong.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Olympic style shooting uses both air rifles (and pistols) and .22 rifles.  They shoot their .22s at 50 and 300 meters!!!!  (I think we can stop giggling at their stances if they hit targets out to 300m with .22LRs.).  

The second picture is of an air rifle.  Really!  The gas cylinder is the silver part under the barrel.  Further, the stance is dictated by where the shooter's feet AND rifle are in relation to the firing line; sometimes they HAVE TO lean back.  And with an air rifle or a pipsqueak .22 round, what harm is that going to do?

Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out this "recoil" thing the poor AR shooters are experiencing.  I've never had more than a stiff nudge from an AR...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:04:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Olympic style shooting uses both air rifles (and pistols) and .22 rifles.  They shoot their .22s at 50 and 300 meters!!!!  (I think we can stop giggling at their stances if they hit targets out to 300m with .22LRs.).  

ISSF 300 meter shooting is not done with 22 LR rifles, it is done with centerfire rifles like this one:

usually in 6 mm BR.  Look at the length of the ejection port on the rifle and the size of the cartridges on the box next to the scoring monitor.

ISSF (International) rifle shooting has three distances: 10 meters for air rifles, 50 meters for rimfire rifles, and 300 meters for centerfire rifles.

ETA: picture selected not only because it shows a modern 300 meter free rifle and correct position, but also because of the Norwegian blonde goddess chicky snack.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn laptop going crazy tonight. I posted w/o trying o post.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Am I the only one upset because nobody used the foreward assist?

What, to load? Why? After you drop the bolt, pull the mag and make sure a round was stripped. Put it back in, push-pull, then roll the gun counterclockwise, take a look at the carrier to make sure you can't see brass or anything funny, and close the dustcover. Sounds complicated, but you can learn it easily and then you know you have a round loaded, and you never broke your firing grip.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top