Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 11:00:53 PM EDT
I am going to buy an AR to carry at work,patrol supervisor, or have to carry a mini 14. I do not want optics on this weapon and basically want to KISS.

I have thought of the following two options:

16" A-1 LW carbine w/ collapsible stock and flashlight
  16" Dissipator A-2 sights(will have to add collapsile stock and flashlight)
I can buy/put together the A-1 for around $650.00 and the dissipator will be 840.00 plus extras

Please help me decide, I have just about drove myself nutso with this  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:03:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:05:26 PM EDT
[#2]
if those are the only two options you are considering i would go with the dissy a2.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:20:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd go halfway between your two options:

Bushmaster Dissipator w/ M4-profile barrel and A1 sights = $525 shipped

Lower w/ collapsible:  $230ish

I just bought a Dissipator as described above, and am quite pleased with it.  If you're going to stay iron sights, the Dissy has a much better sight radius than an M4gery, and I prefer the A1 sights as they have fewer moving parts than the A2 sights.  The M4-profile Dissy barrel makes a big difference in weight and balance.  Most folks w/ HBAR Dissys say that they're nose-heavy.

The upper described is not a stock product, but I just called BM and described what I wanted, and they put it all together for me and shipped it out a couple weeks later.

Nothing wrong with an M16A1 upper, just you're limited to 55gr ammo, and not quite as handy a barrel length.

-MV
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:23:35 PM EDT
[#4]
dissy
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:41:42 PM EDT
[#5]
vote for dissy!

IBTP

No Expert
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:18:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:10:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I know you said you didn't want optics. But I would go with an M4/A3, Then if you want to add or change anything later, it's much easier. If you can, try various configurations before you buy/build. My .02 cents for what it's worth. I just noticed, this is post 556.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:03:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am going to buy an AR to carry at work...  basically want to KISS.

With the above two statements in mind my I would think the A1 would be the logical choice. Of course that's not considering the tax write off stand point, if that applies.

Good luck with your decision.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:16:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I went to my dealer today and he had found a Bushmaster Dissipator A-3 and sold it to me for what he had the A-2 for. I could not resist it.

Now I got to figure out how to tell the wife.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#10]
A1 lightweight all the way!   It's a great setup, very quick handling!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top