Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 9:46:26 AM EDT
I am looking to get a handguard for my 2006 SEBR and wanted some additional reviews.  I think I am leaning towards the Daniel Defence 7.0.  Should I be considering another?  

Also, which is the best handguard cover (DD, Magpul, Tango Down)?

I also need some advice on a sling and sling mounts (i.e. what is the difference with a 2 point or 3 point sling)?

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:54:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm just here waiting for the pic, don't mind me...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:57:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Any sling info?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:00:51 AM EDT
[#4]
i run a 3pnt eagle sling--it works pretty good for me

i like the Magpuls the best overall, but i prefer the more compact ladder ones (ergo?) too--i have 2 of each on my 4 railed to keep a nice balance b/w width and texture

the TD went on the easiest, but they were too bulky for me
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm just here waiting for the pic, don't mind me...

Sorry, I kind of forgot...

This also shows the sling I use (www.jtrusty.com).  We've discussed them numerous time in the sling forum, and its what I run on my duty and training AR15s.  All single point slings are not created equal, and this is the only single point sling I'll use. If you are looking for a 3 point, Tactical Tailor makes a nice solid one, its what I used to carry.

img213.imageshack.us/img213/1262/p1112098800webversion26re4mo.jpg

Stick,  what attachment point is that for the ASP and what mag pouch rig is that?

TS
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:22:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a Blackhawk sling and like it.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:38:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I am looking to get a handguard for my 2006 SEBR and wanted some additional reviews.  I think I am leaning towards the Daniel Defence 7.0.  Should I be considering another?  

Also, which is the best handguard cover (DD, Magpul, Tango Down)?

I also need some advice on a sling and sling mounts (i.e. what is the difference with a 2 point or 3 point sling)?

The DD 7.0 is one of the lightest also take a look at LaRue 7.0 new model with the new quick detach hole at the rear end of the side rails.

I use TangoDown handguard covers at 3, 6 (if I have a VFG I remove this) and 9 o'clock positions, but try it first if you can most guys here are saying that they're slightly bulkier that the other brands.

On the top rails and any open rails I use Magpul ladder rail protectors.

I have Specter Gear and Blue Force Gear single and two point slings, the two point slings are simpler to use but the three point slings can be used in more different ways.

ETA: Links

LARUE IMPROVES HANDGUARD thread link

TangoDown website link

Magpul Industries Corp. website link

Specter Gear website link

Blue Force Gear website link
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#10]
+1 for DD you cant go wrong with the DD 7.0
for rail covers magpul XT's and ladders
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I've tried almost all of the available slings out there. The newest was actual seat belt webbing on a single point hook. Really comfortable, but I don't know how durable it'll be in the long run.

My personal carbine is equipped with a single point from ZM. Blackhawk is the distributor for them now. It's faster than the wolf hook and is ambidextrous. A friend of mine does R&D for Blackhawk and is working on a single point mount that won't stick out so far on either side to intrude with selector operation.

I used a swift 3 point for a while. It's neat but sort of committed to one side. Makes it difficult to work with in and around vehicles.

My 20" gun has a Viking tactical padded sling on it. Nicely done. I like Kyle's stuff a lot.

All of our carbines here at the training center use single points. Most guys like 'em for the general purpose work.

I have used the Tactical link version of the DD car mount seen above. The swivels are great but can be a pain to work at times, especially with gloves on.

I suppose it depends on what your intended uses are. Do you need the sling because you anticipate transitioning or having to go hands free to cuff someone, or do you just want to carry your rifle comfortably without having it in your hands?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top