Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 5:36:36 AM EDT
I've done a search and  can't find the answer....thats how I know this is a stupid question. One my BUIS there are two sight apperatures. One is the peep sight the other being the larger open one. It would make sense that I am meant to use on over the other at diffierent ranges. I use the peep sight for long range right? TIA
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:39:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, the smaller aperature is for longer ranges while the larger aperature affords a wider field of view at shorter distances. The smaller peep is the standard used in military training.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:13:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never been able to hit shit with the Large App.  Even at close ranges.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:48:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:52:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I switch to the larger aperature in lower light conditions if I'm not running an optic.  Even at close in distances I will always use the small aperature if at all possible.

Go with what helps you shoot best, and don't worry about switching back and forth between aperatures at specific distances.  Your own abilities and training are far more important.

+1
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:48:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I always use the small app for everything.  If I need a rapid hit on a target inside of 10-15 feet, I'll just look over the rear app and use the Front sight post only.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:34:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I switch to the larger aperature in lower light conditions if I'm not running an optic.  Even at close in distances I will always use the small aperature if at all possible.

Go with what helps you shoot best, and don't worry about switching back and forth between aperatures at specific distances.  Your own abilities and training are far more important.

+1

+2.  I've always been taught that the larger aperature was for low light conditions.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:44:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I used to ALWAYS use the small aperature.  Not any more.  I've found that I can hit just as accurately at <100yds with the large aperature, and I get a wider field of view.  This is important to me.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I just changed out all mine with A1 aperature's, even my fowty
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top