Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 1:34:04 PM EDT
Looks like Colt has reworked the old Diemaco website. Last time I looked, it was just a home page and nothing else.

It's worth a look-see. Several different items caught my eye...

Diemaco/Colt Canada SFW:

The SFW, or Special Forces Weapon, designed for the British SAS, features a unique barrel. It's longer than the M4 barrel, measuring 15.8 inches. The interesting thing about this barrel is that it is heavy under the handguards, and is lightweight in profile ahead of the FSB. As are all Diemaco barrels, it is hammer-forged. Too long to take a bayonet, just like our 16" carbine barrels, it has an add-on sleeve which appears to attach behind the flash suppressor. It's referred to as a "Grenade launcher mounting sleeve," (#3), but it looks like it will also accommodate the bayonet on the longer barrel.

This sleeve might be a better alternative than the extended bayonets available for 16" carbines (for those who feel the need).

It also has a different-looking carry handle, without an A2 sight. It shows only the left side, but it also seems to have a much different shape than what we're used to. I know that there are already two different "A1" removable carry handles available to the general public, but the Diemaco item looks even better. It looks like it has enough room to actually get your hand into.

The site also offers the Eickhorn bayonets. This photo shows an add-on bayonet lug:

Another item that was a bit "different":

Glass breaker

The one thing that really surprised me was Colt Canada's endorsement of the Para Ordnance line of pistols. They are pushing the unique Power Extractors and the integral plunger tube, two of Para's signature features. According to the site, they are fully backed by Colt Canada's sales & service.

The site also has some PDF files for download.
Looks to me like they are still building the site. Worth checking out, though.

diemaco.com/index.htm
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:34:33 AM EDT
[#1]
C7A2, 20" barrel with tele-stock and colored furniture:

C8CT carbine with adjustable tele-stock, unchromed match barrel:

Ambi tac latch:

Forward carry handle:

That FSB looks a little different, too.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:32:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Very cool stuff.  Thanks for posting it.

Interesting how the flip-up front sight for the scoped carbine is mounted out close to the muzzle, not on top of the gas block.  Neat way to give a rifle-length sight line for a carbine.

I don't see their A1 BUIS anywhere, though.  Have they dropped that?

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top