Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 8:38:25 AM EDT
I was going through all my stuff and cant seem to find my old upper and lower blocks.  My old ones were Bushys but after looking in their catalog and seeing others in pictures I'm not sure those are the best anymore.  Who has the best blocks and where should I buy them?  I also need a "New Style" butstock wrench as I see my old one will work but its not the best for the newer buttstocks.
 My old wrenches that I still have were the best Bushy had and I see they still sell those are those fine or should I upgrade there also?  If so who's do I want for there?
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:45:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the Bushmaster Block and the DPMS Armorers Wrench, I'm happy with both.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:00:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Brownell's works fine.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey thanks!  What do you think of the economy "new style" buttstock wrench?
Mike
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Never heard of it!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:45:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hey thanks!  What do you think of the economy "new style" buttstock wrench?
Mike

Mike, if that is the stamped metal one with the 3 tines (I think RRA is selling them - RBPrecision was giving them away if you bought a stock from them).  It's a good wrench.  I like mine!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the DPMS blocks. Midway and ADCO have a Schuster block that is similar. I like it becasue you can use it with any upper, doesn't touch the finish and works with all FF tubes including the LaRue with out modification. I also use the DPMS action wrench and have had no problems with standard barrel nuts or the LaRue tubes I've installed. RRA has the nicest CAR stock wrench, I dont have one but it's on my to get list. I use the cheap on and have had problems marring the finish on the nut as well as gouging the buffer tube.

DPMS action block with CMT M4 upper & LaRue tube
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had the Brownells vise block before and although it does work as intended, I now use the DPMS Claw. I like the Claw better (for no particular reasons).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top