Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 5:17:29 PM EDT
Hello, I see someone is selling a whole LMT rifle on the Equipment exchange. Also that alot of vendors are selling full lowers, and occasionally full uppers. Any feedback on The LMT rifles? Full rifles, all LMT not franken rifles. Would you compare there quality to Colt, Bushy, Armalite ect? Any bad experiences? Good? The vendors are pulling that selling to LE only for now crap, is it better to just get a Bushy for less money? Thanks, Mike
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually LMT wont sell a dealer a full rifle to civies. Venders will sell a complete lower and a complete upper to you and bam a full rifle. Quality on mine was great except my trigger was a touch gritty, but that was easily solved. Everything else has been great on my rifle. I paid alot less than a Colt and a little more than a RRA or bushy, and Im happy with my purchase.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:04:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I Built an LMT M4gery with a Lauer Custom Weaponry lower, which are made by LMT. I used a 14.5" LMT upper with permanent phantom flash suppressor. I love it. Great fit and finish, smooth trigger. 300 rounds so far, hasn't MALF'ed yet.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Dealers that won't sell the whole full rifle to civilians is not BS, it's really the manufacturers policy.

I bought my 16" carbine separately at the Equipment Exchange board and the quality in fit and finish is as good or even better than my other Colt.

They're not perfect either and no high quality mfg are perfect, sometimes they make a few with defects, but the company have a well known good policy in fixing the problems.

The LMT has Mil-Spec features like real M4 feedramps, correct F type FSB (not marked), MP tested barrel and bolt, Mil-Spec size buffer tube which are compatible with Vltor, Colt, Sopmod and Stag Arms stocks.

The LMT buffer tube has a light grey color finish but there are three drain holes at the last three rear stock detent holes.

The only feature that's not that great is the high shelf of the lower receiver, but other brands have them too like CMT, RRA and others.

Another good value brand with Mil-Spec features is the Stag Arms with the special edition M4 1/7 14.5" with perm Phantom FS upper half, if you don't care about 1/7 twist they also have the regular 1/9 twist uppers.

You can't go wrong with Bushy, Armalite, etc., for less money but you won't get some of the Mil-Spec features that I mentioned.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I Built an LMT M4gery with a Lauer Custom Weaponry lower, which are made by LMT. I used a 14.5" LMT upper with permanent phantom flash suppressor. I love it. Great fit and finish, smooth trigger. 300 rounds so far, hasn't MALF'ed yet.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Extracheeze/Picture10.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Extracheeze/Picture12.jpg

That's what I plan to eventually do with two of my new Lauer lowers...Lauer/LMT!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
LMT dealers sell the complete lower, and complete upper to anyone, so the worst that happens is that you save 11% off FET.  I can't figure out why anyone would be upset with this.

Because it's worth the extra 11% to me if someone else pushes the two pins together
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top