Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 2:04:54 PM EDT
Alright let's have it!  When will it be available to us regular joes?  Someone must ask the KAC boys!

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Right after they start selling URX equipped rifles to civilians on a large scale basis.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Heck, I would be happy if I could get one of their flip-up front BUIS\gas blocks that gets installed with taper pins.  I would love to make a SAM-R clone but I just can't get comfortable with front sights being held on with set screws. The only other one I'm aware of is the GG&G unit which would suit me just fine but I don't know if they even make it any more but if they do, they are just as hard (and damn near as expensive) to find as the KAC model.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#3]
GG&G still make their folding sight that is pinned in.  I have the same feeling about set screws and when I saw the new ad for the screw version of the GG&G sight I called and asked if they were going to keep the pinned version.   My Warror barrel from Denny is at GG&G right now waiting for a front sight .
Dave
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#4]
From what I've heard, no new news at SHOT… With that being said, keep a watchful eye on the EE...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the just recently received my GG&G pinned front gas block and GG&G did a great job of installing the sight. The front sight locks up with no wiggle like most front flip up front sights. I have it installed on a 14.5" Bushy M4 barrel with a perm attached Smith Vortex. GG&G makes a great product.

8416w
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have the just recently received my GG&G pinned front gas block and GG&G did a great job of installing the sight.

Can I ask what they charge for that? Thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:57:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have the just recently received my GG&G pinned front gas block and GG&G did a great job of installing the sight. The front sight locks up with no wiggle like most front flip up front sights. I have it installed on a 14.5" Bushy M4 barrel with a perm attached Smith Vortex. GG&G makes a great product.

8416w

UM..... URX?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:41:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

UM..... URX?

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=249370

(It is archive linked. Not sure, may require team status to open it)

the URX is a Knights (KAC) rail system
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:52:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
the URX is a Knights (KAC) rail system

Hmmmm  "Alright let's have it! When will it be available to us regular joes? Someone must ask the KAC boys!"  

Cheers
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top