BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/4/2006 12:25:08 PM EDT
I know it's almost here, but does anyone have any clues as to what we may see in .308?  

Is the new Sig 550 series going to have a .308 offering for civilians or just the 5.56? (The new Sig 556 sounds pretty interesting).

Any other predictions for what we're about to see for the AR world?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm hoping Colt surprises us with something

But when I looked at the floor-plan and booth locations, only Colt's Manufacturing is listed as an exhibitor.

Hopefully that was a typo or a matter of semantics

We want Colt's Defense showing off their new stuff!

Not sure how new it is but ARMALITE is offfering the SuperSASS AR10

Maybe it is a SHOT SHOW into
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#3]
DPMS is debuting  the Pardus a tricked out .223.  A 20th Anniversary Commemorative Rifle, chromed out.  A LR-260, LR-260H and LR-243 all based on the LR-308 platform and the LR-204 based on a .223 platform.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I got the February/March issue of On Target magazine today and it has a small article about the 6.8 MRP.
It says they are doing final testing and will be taking orders at the SHOT Show.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#5]
damn... what's not going to be there is just as good as what will be there.

bigbore has a couple of nice pics that I know of... but the deal is that anything that anyone knows about for sure can not be talked about at this point. But there will be some very interesting stuff there.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:25:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I know it's almost here, but does anyone have any clues as to what we may see in .308?  

Is the new Sig 550 series going to have a .308 offering for civilians or just the 5.56? (The new Sig 556 sounds pretty interesting).

Any other predictions for what we're about to see for the AR world?

I'm most interested in the SIG SG556 which is said to take AR15 mags, and the FN ARM. I've never been one for AR15 "extras". I prefer my toys free of rails and fluff.

I just spoke to a distributor and industry person who said he was 90% sure that SIG was showing a civilian carbine. The Local SIG rep said he got a memo form SIGARMS saying that all SIG reps are forbidden from talking about the P250 and SG556.

Who knows what will happen. Four more days...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I wonder what ARES has to offer?

Maybe Geoffrey Herring will be there with a little table, issuing refund checks.

Hey Mr. Bigbore Sir,

What intel are you holding out on? Cut loose Homie!

wp
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#8]
This board will be smokin' in four days...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Y'ALL PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE RRA 308, BUT I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT IT WHEN I RECIEVED THEIR NEW CATALOG
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I just hope those fortunate enough to be there will take great pics for the rest of us!  Stickman, are you going?

As far as other rifles go, the SIG 556 has certainly got my interest, though it would be nice if they had a 7.62 version for us civies.  We can only hope, but I doubt that will be available anytime soon, if ever.

I've also heard speculation that the new civilian SIG 556 may have an AR-15 type stock rather than the folding one on the current sig 550 series--I'm hoping that this isn't true.

On another note, maybe Nightforce will release their 1-4X that was supposed to be out forever ago.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Y'ALL PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE RRA 308, BUT I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT IT WHEN I RECIEVED THEIR NEW CATALOG

Who's receiver are they using? Is DPMS building the receivers for them? I heard that DPMS is building a recei ver for Fulton Armory, but using a FAL Mag.

Why didn't RRA just buy the tooling from Bushmaster?

wp
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

OMG OMG OMG!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I dont Know if they are making the receivers themselves or not. According to the catalog it will be available summer '06 and us FAL metric or L1A1 inch patern mags. Prices range from $1100 to $1350 all with wilson barrels
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:32:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#15]
BTW, barrel lenghts listed ranged from 16"  mid length A2/A4 to 26" varmint(?) A4
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:43:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who's receiver are they using? Is DPMS building the receivers for them? I heard that DPMS is building a recei ver for Fulton Armory, but using a FAL Mag.

wp

Bushmaster got 'em from RRA

What, do you mean? Are you sure you want to back that statement?

wp
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
wp

wp

Evidently it was originally a Rock River design to begin with.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Steyr AUG....o please let there be a Steyr AUG!!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Steyr AUG....o please let there be a Steyr AUG!!!

What ever happen to the rumor with DS Arms making the AUG?

wp
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#21]
204 RUGER MRP BBL ALSO
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

wp

wp

+1  It was more or less always a RRA .308 sold through Bushmaster.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#23]
I just want to see the fabled Sig55x gun.  Even if it does end up being an AR/SIG abomination.

I'm still hoping it will be more 552 than AR15.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:07:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

wp

wp

I talked to the head armorer of RRA and he said that they did all the work designing it (he mentioned that they've been working on it for over 2.5 years). When Bushy dropped the rifle, RRA was stuck with just over $1,000,000 in parts and decided to make their own.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:13:00 AM EDT
[#25]
What is this SIG 556 that you guys speak of?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:13:00 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

wp

wp

I talked to the head armorer of RRA and he said that they did all the work designing it (he mentioned that they've been working on it for over 2.5 years). When Bushy dropped the rifle, RRA was stuck with just over $1,000,000 in parts and decided to make their own.

WIZZO

Does that dude have a mohawk?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:23:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Hmmmm. Interesting.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Does that dude have a mohawk?

Yup

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
 Stickman, are you going?

I was supposed to be going, but something has happened that I had no control over, and I'm going to miss it.  Its a shame, because I was going to show how nice am I by letting people buy me beer....

I've mentioned it before, I think this Shot Show will have more new items and AR15s than in the past several years put together.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#30]
I am hoping they will have some new stuff for the 6.8 SPC, or it is pretty much dead. Atleast a cheaper ammo source(Or consistant brass source) and someone design a higher BC bullet so this thing can have some long range use.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Everyone at SHOT be sure to linger at the Leitner-Wise booth.  Anyone buying a gas inpingement AR15 might as well be buying a flintlock.  Go to the next level.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Everyone at SHOT be sure to linger at the Leitner-Wise booth.  Anyone buying a gas inpingement AR15 might as well be buying a flintlock.  Go to the next level.

Secretary Rumsfeld called, he's sending a Lear to fly you to the Pentagon so you can personally manage the .mil's flintlock crisis.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#33]
My prediction:

I won't be there.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Odd... the latest, greatest info I have on projects of interest to the military have DI systems? Maybe you should make a few phone calls and set some people straight on this?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Secretary Rumsfeld called, he's sending a Lear to fly you to the Pentagon so you can personally manage the .mil's flintlock crisis.  hr

If you don't mind scrubbing your AR every time you shoot, go ahead and stick with 40 year old technology.  I'd personally rather clean the action once a year or every 50,000 rounds and have 100% reliability.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:34:13 PM EDT
[#36]
So are the new rock river 7.62x51's going to address the bolt failure problems that plagued the bushies? I can't see them being a good system with that weak link still in place, or was that blown out of proportion to begin with?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:34:13 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 Stickman, are you going?

I was supposed to be going, but something has happened that I had no control over, and I'm going to miss it.  Its a shame, because I was going to show how nice am I by letting people buy me beer....

I've mentioned it before, I think this Shot Show will have more new items and AR15s than in the past several years put together.

Weird... I was supposed to be deployed during the show, but found out that we have been bagged and now I am free during the show -- If I make it down there I will take up the slack on the free beer that I am sure people are lined up to buy you
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#38]
I think the LW system is more than promising, but if you can't stay on topic atleast stay realistic.

I think this year's SHOT show is going to be a huge hit. Last years SHOT wasn't fully recovered from the AWB sunset, but it looks like this year will be the best yet. To bad I won't be there though.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

This will explain his interest:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=267928

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
So are the new rock river 7.62x51's going to address the bolt failure problems that plagued the bushies? I can't see them being a good system with that weak link still in place, or was that blown out of proportion to begin with?

From my IM's with Steve/RRAMODERATOR, they have fixed everything that was wrong with the Bushy BAR-10. He didn't go into detail, but he said they won't have the same problems.

WIZZO

EDIT: and on the L-W system, I, for one, am not jumping on the bandwagon to buy a $1000 upper or a $600 conversion system.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:13:47 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From my IM's with Steve/RRAMODERATOR, they have fixed everything that was wrong with the Bushy BAR-10. He didn't go into detail, but he said they won't have the same problems.

WIZZO

EDIT: and on the L-W system, I, for one, am not jumping on the bandwagon to buy a $1000 upper or a $600 conversion system.

Stop name-dropping. You're a VIP, we get it, we get it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Making it to the shot show is like a hunter finely making it to Alaska for one final hunt, you know your life goal has been completed
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This will explain his interest:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=267928

Really, quite objective he is.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#44]
..I gotta make a list of all the people, places to visit at shot..
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

If you've never been before, it's overwhelming.  I suggest the three-day approach.

Day 1:  Walk around with a map and mark down the booths you want to stop by for a closer look.  Don't linger anywhere more than 5 minutes and just keep moving and marking.

Day 2: Plan your attack over breakfast.  Figure out how many booths you want to see, and look at your map to figure out what the best route would be.  Also figure out how much time you're going to have per booth.

Day 3: Should be the last day.  Alot of the vendor will be selling stuff at wholesale prices (I picked up a Benchmade Balisong and Luminox watch at 50% of retail when I went).  Also you can make up any booths you didn't get to hit on Day 2.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you've never been before, it's overwhelming.  I suggest the three-day approach.

Day 1:  Walk around with a map and mark down the booths you want to stop by for a closer look.  Don't linger anywhere more than 5 minutes and just keep moving and marking.

Day 2: Plan your attack over breakfast.  Figure out how many booths you want to see, and look at your map to figure out what the best route would be.  Also figure out how much time you're going to have per booth.

Day 3: Should be the last day.  Alot of the vendor will be selling stuff at wholesale prices (I picked up a Benchmade Balisong and Luminox watch at 50% of retail when I went).  Also you can make up any booths you didn't get to hit on Day 2.

Thursday plane lands at 1430, I leave sunday 1030 hrs.
Should be enough time.. ( I hope)
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thursday plane lands at 1430, I leave sunday 1030 hrs.
Should be enough time.. ( I hope)

Should be enough time for SHOT, but i think you may miss out on hookers and blow.the suspense is killing me, and i can't even go.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:37:32 AM EDT
[#48]
i predict Colt will release gas piston operating system and one piece upper reciever with integral rail system.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#49]
i predict    (wait i know)  that mgi   will be releasing SOMETHING  in  .308  that most all of you will love      and thats all i have to say about that   but im excited as hell about it.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#50]
How would a normal human being go about getting in to that thing??  I thought I heard that it was dealers only??  Is that correct??

I have a C&R

Probly not good enough for that high falutin' bunch!!!

Doc
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top