Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 8:01:42 AM EDT
Does anyone have a pic of the rail covers that come with Surefire four-rail handguards?  I remember seeing some rail covers that look like the magpuls but nicer and I'm pretty sure they were Surefire.  Thanks.

Abe
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:29:28 AM EDT
[#1]
They're the ladder style ones... I'll see if I can dig up a pic for you...

ETA:Picture is from Talon Arms...

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:31:13 AM EDT
[#2]
They are like the ones on the right-

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:35:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I know they're ladder type rail covers but the ones I'm looking for are designed differently.  I'm pretty sure they're Surefire's.

Abe

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:37:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I know they're ladder type rail covers but the ones I'm looking for are designed differently.  I'm pretty sure they're Surefire's.

Abe

SUREFIRE uses the ERGO ladder rail covers...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:40:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Digitalpunk
Team Member Bronze Contributor
Now 25% More Tactical!  <---- ROFL!!!

Excellent!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Abe

SUREFIRE uses the ERGO ladder rail covers...

Yep...same ones in the pics shown..my M73 had those.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, Surefires have a depressed area running straight down the center from one end to the other.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Found a pic, anyone know where I can get some without buying the whole rail system?

Abe
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#10]
They're different from the Ergo ladders. They have an indent in the center and are made from a MUCH softer material. The Ergo's are pretty stiff, the SF you could almost tie in a knot. I just sold mine on the EE, here's a pic.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:30:25 AM EDT
[#11]
that's what I was trying to describe?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Are they TOO soft?  I think they look a lot nicer then the ERGO ones but don't want them falling off my rifle.  Any input?

Abe
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Are they TOO soft?  I think they look a lot nicer then the ERGO ones but don't want them falling off my rifle.  Any input?

Abe

They're soft rubber as opposed to the hard ass rubberish plastic you see. They fit tighter than an 18 yr old HS senior.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:44:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Abe

They're soft rubber as opposed to the hard ass rubberish plastic you see. They fit tighter than an 18 yr old HS senior.

Thats definitely not some of the 18 year old girls around here, lol.

As for the Surefire Grips, i really liked the fit and the texture alot better. I'm using the Magpul covers and they do a fine job for me, since I'm not going to be gripping them at all and I use a VG.

Nathan
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:52:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Abe

They're very soft but they aren't going anywhere. They fit the rail in a different way than the Ergo's. The SF actually sits down in the grooves instead of running along the top. Once they're on they're not coming off unless you PEEL them off.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:05:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks guys, looks like I'll be shooting an email over to Grant for a pair.

Abe
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top